The Digital Commercial function is a new one within Jacobs and is key to enabling the transformation journey which we are on as an organisation. To achieve this, we are creating an environment and culture which promotes innovation.
The resultant innovation activity is not exclusively but predominantly focused on applying technology and/or making better use of data, in two ways:
- To improve our existing offerings thereby improving our current value propositions i.e., offering additional value to our clients by transforming ourselves and how we work; and
- To solve new problems thus creating new offerings with entirely new value propositions i.e., offering additional value to our clients by transforming them and how they work.
It is the job of the Digital Commercial Lawyer
to support the business in commercialising and specifically contracting our new Digital services, solutions and products. Working closely with the operations and product management teams, the successful applicant will help identify and mitigate risks, protect Jacobs Intellectual Property and appropriately manage data. As such, the job requires an individual with strong interpersonal skills, an ability to translate technical and data architecture into pragmatic commercial and contractual arrangements and pricing approaches, and a good instinct for business. Supporting senior stakeholders within the business on the transformation journey will be another key aspect of the role. Responsibilities
The role will be for a lawyer with commercial experience and a strong contractual background in IP and Data to join our Digital Commercial Team. The role will be largely focussed on implementing change in contractual arrangements within the business and with clients, providing technical resolution which will mean constantly learning and developing and allowing resource flexibility across the team to meet demand requirements to deliver set outputs.
You will advocate and build effective working relationships, both internally and externally to deliver business outcomes, adding value throughout. You will also drive and promote the team through your contribution with your technical ability in IP and Data.
Reporting to a senior commercial manager within the team, the successful candidate will:
- Advise on relevant aspects of risk in the development, build and run of a digital product and/or solution.
- Provide commercial and contractual support to operational teams during bidding and deployment of digital products.
- Support and execute IP and Data Planning in line with change management best practices and the associated governance.
- Seek to improve, and work in line with, standardised processes and procedures, including automation for digital products.
- Manage stakeholder and demand expectations through cross area engagement.
- Develop technical capability through continued learning and on the job experience.
- Either a contractual or commercial background in IP & Data (including IP licensing).
- Ability to identify business risk and appropriate mitigations.
- Confident and professional in communicating with all stakeholders, both locally and with members of the Senior Management Team.
- An awareness of Software as a Service (SaaS) subscription models and wider Data as a Service (DaaS) would be desirable.
- You will have awareness of the advances in technology and shifts in how infrastructure assets are used and valued and will help support digital transformation within the business.
- You will be able to grasp and interrogate commercially and legally the evolving technologies developed within the business.
Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees. Find out more about life at Jacobs.
We aim to embed inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We know that if we are inclusive, we're more connected, and if we are diverse, we're more creative. We accept people for who they are, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental health, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you're pregnant or on family leave. This is reflected in our wide range of Global Employee Networks centred on inclusion and diversity - ACE, Careers, Enlace, Harambee, OneWorld, Prism, Vetnet, and Women's - find out more about our employee networks here.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.com to view and access our roles. As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role
If you require further support or reasonable adjustments with regards to the recruitment process (for example, you require the application form in a different format), please contact the team .
Your application experience is important to us and we're keen to adapt to make every interaction even better. We welcome feedback on our recruitment process and if you need more from us before deciding to join Jacobs then please let us know.