Opportunity for a dynamic Director to join an accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses require to succeed.
The Business Services and Outsourcing team are essential to meeting clients' evolving requirements. As well as delivering long-term, sustainable value to businesses by providing a range of outsource solutions such as accounting, payroll and compliance services both domestically and internationally.
Director, Business Services Outsourcing - About The Role
Based in the Guildford office with flexibility for remote working, you will be responsible for providing leadership to the team, developing and managing a portfolio of clients and supporting and working alongside the Partner to help develop the team. Responsibilities:
* Develop a clear area of specialism in outsourcing services with understanding of the local market
* Use knowledge and understanding of the client, business drivers, and technology to help design custom or complex management reports and complex KPI dashboards
* Act as project director on larger clients, and overall responsibility for the job.
* Apply accounting standards to argue accounting treatment for complex or contentious areas, and know when to bring in experts when required.
* Use your broad financial, accounting, business and industry knowledge to educate clients on how their finance and accounting needs will evolve as their business grows; helps clients identify what is next and persuades the client to value those unperceived needs; identifies what needs are critical verse what are not and looks at the business of the client holistically.
* Reviews and approves compliance work prepared by the team and deals with any issues arising.
* Articulate issues and engage with clients to ensure all exposures and risks are managed and mitigated.
* Develop, plan and forecast for the area of the practice they are responsible for; manages the full lifecycle of practice management from budgeting through to collections.
* Contribute to the economic management of the department in matters such as budgeting and monitoring and managing to key metrics.
* Ensures that cloud accounting software and add-ons are being used to the maximum effect across their outsourcing portfolio.
The successful Director Business Services Outsourcing will have:
Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or equivalent) or equivalent and extensive experience with compilation assignments ideally as signatory
* Excellent UK GAAP and or IFRS knowledge
* Relevant experience of managing a team is essential
* Proven experience in managing a wide portfolio of concurrent projects and project teams in a project management framework
* In depth knowledge of financial reporting and accounting functions
* Excellent understanding of cloud accounting software
* Excellent understanding of the rules and regulations of doing business in the UK
* Able to lead by example and provide a figurehead for the group
* Excellent communication skills with the ability to deal with a wide mix of people, both internally and externally
* Excellent presentation skills
* Excellent analytical, problem solving and research skills
Director Business Services - Benefits
* 28 days' holiday. personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions.
* life assurance cover; and income protection insurance.
* Plus, a flexible benefits platform meaning you can buy extra holiday; add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance, or travel insurance.
Howett Thorpe are acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role and comply with all relevant UK legislation and do not discriminate on any protected characteristics. Due to the high volume of applications we currently receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from a Consultant within 5 working days, please assume that you have not been successful.
Refer a friend
If this job is not of interest to you, but you know a friend or colleague who may be interested, recommend them to us and receive a minimum of £150 in vouchers if we assist them in securing a permanent role and a minimum of £25 in vouchers if we place them in a temporary assignment. (Terms & conditions apply)