Service Desk Analyst - Perm and 12 month FTC available (2 days a week will be office based the remaining 3 days are WFH)
To provide first line support for the systems, within agreed service levels and with a constant focus on customer service and satisfaction.
The role will require variable start and end times (between 8am - 8pm) according to the IT Service Desk rota to meet the needs of the business.
* To act as the first point of contact for members requiring IT support and resolve reported support requests to the end users' satisfaction, using approved methods, tools and procedures and in accordance with the agreed timescales published within the SLA.
* To accurately diagnose (where possible), log, categorise and prioritise unresolved tickets (according to the defined procedures), to provide an efficient and timely service to the end users.
* To ensure that all actions taken to address the support request are recorded in the IT Service Management system and end users are provided with regular and timely updates on their outstanding tickets.
* To resolve support requests where appropriate and ensure prompt escalation to 2nd and 3rd line support teams when necessary, including 3rd party suppliers.
* To ensure that tickets assigned to the IT Service Desk are resolved within the agreed timescales according to the SLA.
* To provide technical support for the desktop systems (Windows 10, Office365, Desktop as a Service) and business applications (including MIS, SAP, SJA Connect).
* To ensure that Major Incidents (e.g. service outages) are immediately escalated to the Lead IT Service Desk Analyst, and to bring potential problems to the attention of the Lead IT Service Desk Analyst by monitoring and observing ticket trends.
* To carry out regular site visits to regional offices and deliver bi-weekly laptop clinics at NHQ.
* To contribute towards the maintenance and upkeep of the IS&P knowledgebase, including documented procedures, processes and known workarounds.
* To assist the Infrastructure team with monthly server patching.
* To always comply with relevant security, privacy and data protection standards. Helping all users to adopt best practice in-line with the IT policies.
* Perform any other duties commensurate with these responsibilities, the band of the post and skills and qualifications of the post-holder.
Previous experience of working on an IT Service Desk and using call logging software
Experience of working with and supporting Microsoft operating system Windows 10
Experience of working with and supporting Office 365
Experience of working in a busy environment involving face to face contact as well as on the phone
Working knowledge of the ITIL processes
Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively at all levels: listening, written and verbal
Ability to organise and prioritise work with attention to detail
Ability to work under pressure, adapting to a changing environment
Excellent attention to detail and troubleshooting skills
Ability to positively contribute to the work of the team
Ability to improve on current skills sets and keep up to date with relevant technologies
Educated to GCSE level or equivalent (Grade C)
SDI Service Desk Analyst
ITIL v3 Foundation certificate
Experience of working with virtual desktop environments e.g. Vmware Horizon
You will be required to -
Work a 35-hour week located at our NHQ.
Willing to travel to offsite meetings with customers and suppliers with occasional overnight stays.
This job description is intended as an outline indicator of general areas of activity and will be amended with the changing needs. It is expected that the post holder will be as positive and flexible as possible in using this document as a framework