This vacancy is part of the Kickstart Scheme and is only open to eligible candidates.
If you are looking to gain paid work experience, increase your confidence and employability skills and prepare for long term employment, this vacancy could be for you!
Candidates must be in receipt of universal credit (or are waiting for their claim to be processed) and be 16 to 24 years old. If you are interested in the position, please ask your job centre work coach to refer you for the role. This is a 6 month initial contract, leading to a permanent salaried role for the right candidate, following a successful probationary period.
Trainee Employability Trainer / Construction Trainer
An exciting opportunity awaits a motivated and engaging individual who is looking to support the wider community in the West Midlands by helping them prepare for work in traffic management and in turn, help lower unemployment rates. As a result of our growth, Vocation Training is now looking to recruit a Trainee Employability Trainer. The successful candidate will be supported by two existing experienced trainers to develop their training skills and their knowledge of the traffic management sector. You must be flexible and be willing to travel throughout the West Midlands as the role will be a blend of both training room based learning and online sessions.
Key Responsibilities of the Trainee Employability Trainer are:
- To be able to deliver inspiring training and coaching sessions to groups and individual unemployed learners
- To engage, motivate and support unemployed participants to gain qualifications, grow their confidence and gain sustainable employment opportunities
- To understand the aims of the programme and monitor learners progress via individual development plans and 'one to one's'
- To deliver to a mix of smaller group tasks / one to one's as well as whole group sessions and online learning. Online learning is delivered via Microsoft Teams, Zoom and WhatsApp
- To observe and review work produced by learners to ensure it is of the appropriate standard
- To provide insightful, constructive and informative feedback to help the learner maximise their potential and overcome any potential barriers to work.
- To proactively monitor, evaluate, and improve processes where needed
- To work to deadlines and targets whilst ensuring that the learners have an outstanding experience at Vocation Training.
- To accurately report daily learner attendance and to follow health and safety, Equality and Diversity, Data Protection and Safeguarding policies
Skills and Experience Required for the role:
- MUST HAVE a recognised Teaching Qualification e.g. Award in Education and Training Level 3 (PTLLS), Cert Ed
- Driving license and own transport
- It would be desirable, but not essential, if the successful candidate had experience in delivering Distance Learning Programmes through online platforms such as Microsoft Teams, Zoom and Virtual Learning platforms
- It would be desirable, but not essential, if the successful candidate has experience working with unemployed learners
- Working hours are 25 per week, Monday to Friday 10:00am to 3:30pm, with a 30 minute lunch
- Paid at National Minimum Wage for your age which is currently between £6.56 - £8.91. This will change in April and will be paid between £6.83 - £ 9.50
- Must be aged 18 - 24 years old (for this post) and in receipt of OR have put a claim in for Universal Credit
- All relevant employment documents will be seen and verified. An identity check will also be carried out and entitlement to work in the UK will be verified.
- A DBS application and two reference checks will be undertaken as part of the recruitment process following a face-to-face interview.
- Only original or certified documents are acceptable.
- To keep our staff as safe as possible, we have strict health and safety measures in place and all of our offices are COVID-19 secure