We are looking for an Assembly Engineer for a company in Cambridge to support the development of automated high precision assembly processes, the transfer to manufacturing of processes and products, and technical support. You will work closely with the Design team and New Product Introduction team.
* Proven experience of high precision assembly in an automation environment
* Experience in programming of electro-mechanical control systems, using National Instruments, LabVIEW or other sequencing software
* Degree or BTEC HND in an engineering subject with additional experience
* Proven ability to develop high-precision assembly processes and to transfer the processes to manufacturing.
* Good manual dexterity and experience in handling fibre optic products
* Able to conceptualise assembly and automation methods with an understanding of interactions between components, processes and product performance
* Demonstrable project and supplier management skills
* Effective communication skills, both verbal and through written reports
* Able to deploy numerical, experimental and statistical problem-solving abilities
* Capable of working within a multi-discipline team
* Able and willing to travel to volume manufacturing sites and key vendors as required
* Experience in laser welding and laser soldering would be of benefit
Please get in touch for more information