Greenwood Homecare is an independent provider of domiciliary care in Peterborough and the surrounding areas. We are recruiting Senior Care Workers to support customers in enjoying the best quality of life and receiving the highest level of care and support that they can in the comfort of their own homes.
This role involves a blend of hands-on care work, as well as supervisory work, where you'll be supporting our existing care team.
What we will offer you in return:
* Competitive hourly rate £10.60 weekdays, £11.10 weekends, £15.30 bank holidays
* Mileage payments of 28p per mile
* 28 days paid holiday
* Paid, full training and induction
* Continuous training and development
* An opportunity to progress within a growing company
* A friendly and supportive team
Key responsibilities include:
Engaging with customers:
* Ensure that support plans are kept up to date, and risk assessed as well as reviewed and quality assessed.
* Ensure that customer information is kept secure and confidential.
* Provide care to customers during the working week, some evenings and alternate weekends.
Care Assistant Management and Supervision:
* Support the Care Supervisor to attend each customer's first call with the care worker to introduce them.
* Provide guidance and supervision to each care worker.
* Carry out regular spot checks and record the outcomes of the checks.
* Act as support for out of office and on call rotas.
* Oversee care quality control and implement rigorous monitoring standards in the field.
Head Office Assistance:
* Maintain a close liaison with the Care Supervisor, Registered Manager and other office members.
* Participate in team meetings, provide updates on care workers and the general standards of care.
What we Look for:
The position requires a high level of resilience and the ability to communicate with people from all walks of life. You will share our passion for the care sector and will want our customers to experience an excellent standard of support. This means sharing our values and it is essential that you are passionate about promoting the dignity and aspirations of each customer. You will need to be:
* Self-motivated and enthusiastic
* Well organised and productive
* Caring and sensitive to customer's needs
* A confident communicator, both with fellow care workers and customers
* Flexible to varied working patterns
* Someone that is not afraid to 'muck in' and step in at the last moment
* Able to use initiative and adapt to challenging situations
To apply for this role, you must:
* Be a driver and have access to a car
* Have experience of supervising the delivery of care services within a similar role
* Live locally and have a good knowledge of the community and local area
* NVQ level 3 or willing to work towards