Care Assistant (Days or Nights) Care Home,
Altrincham WA14 4QU
***Should you be successfully hired in to this role, we are pleased to be able to offer you a one-off Starter Bonus of £500 as a thank you for deciding to join . The Starter Bonus will be paid to you in the next available pay run once you have completed four weeks' service and will be subject to deductions for tax and NI. Ts&Cs Apply***
We want to say a big thank you to our frontline colleagues for their fantastic support and commitment and we're going to do this by paying an extra 50p per hour throughout November, December and January, new starters included.
Working hours and salary
£9.10 - £9.67 per hour dependent upon experience and qualifications
Shift patterns: 8am - 8pm/ 8pm - 8am
Full time/part time available
What your typical day involves
* Assisting residents with personal care duties such as bathing, dressing, toileting and incontinence care. Providing the highest standards of care, you'll champion the dignity, and independence of all our residents
* Supporting the Nurse or Senior Care Assistant to complete monthly and weekly checks to monitor the health of our residents and reporting any significant changes
* Supporting at meal times: serving meals and transferring residents to the dining room. This might involve supporting them to walk, transferring them in a wheelchair or using a hoist
* Attending planned activities: assisting the team, repositioning, providing care as necessary and taking part in day trips outside the home (day shift only)
* Repositioning residents to ensure they are comfortable and supported
* Admin duties: updating food, fluid and stool charts, supplementary files, daily notes and care plans
Who we're looking for
You're someone that cares for others and wants to make a real difference to people's lives. Ideally, you have some experience in a care environment, although this is not as essential, as training is provided. You understand there will be challenging days, but you'll also laugh, have fun and make lasting memories with our residents. A great communicator, you'll enjoy working in a close-knit team that feels like a family, with people from all walks of life. You'll cherish the rewarding moments you have with our residents each and every day.
What's in it for you?
* Comprehensive induction, on-going training and development, access to internal apprenticeship schemes
* Your DBS Check (£40) paid for
* Access to Wagestream - an app-based service that offers you the choice to be in control of when you access your earnings*
* NEST workplace pension, life assurance & bereavement support
* 28 days annual leave (inclusive of statutory bank holidays)
* Hot meal provided on a 12-hour shift
* Refer a friend bonus scheme
* Uniform provided
* Health & wellbeing tools; including Be Me App, Healthy Minds, Gym Pass & discounted health assessments
* Shopping Discounts (via Xexec)
* Cash plan (after 2 years' service) giving you the ability to claim on more everyday items such as dental, optical and private prescriptions
* Free flu vaccine
*Only available to permanent employees where HealthRoster is used.
About our home
Set at the end of a quiet cul-de-sac, a mile outside of Altrincham, Woodend is a purpose-built home that provides residential, nursing and dementia care. The home has a real family feel, where the team are passionate about providing person centred care, championing dignity and independence - organising a wide variety of activities meaning there's no typical day here. As part of the team, you're supported from day one to learn, develop and encouraged to progress.
Who we are
As a leading healthcare group, we run care homes, retirement villages, health centres, dental centres and hospitals all over the world. As well as providing insurance to over 16 million people. We're a big company but no matter what business area you're in, our purpose is simple - helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives