Located in Sheffield, we are currently working with a large manufacturing firm who are now looking to increase the size of their existing team with the appointment of a Design Draftsman.
Within the role of Design Draftsman you will be involved in 2D and 3D structural detailing of component parts for manufacture. Working with customers you will be progressing orders from initial technical enquiries through to completion. More specifically the role can be broken down as follows:
* Ensure drawings are produced where required and that designs are illustrated to a high standard. Issue designs and drawings for approval.
* Correspond with customers to request information
* Attend site meetings when required to acquire design and program information or resolve problems.
* Maintain the project file and quality documentation to a high standard
* Co-ordinate approvals and customers instructions to manufacture.
* Prepare clear and accurate manufacturing drawings and schedules for order processing
To be considered for this role you will ideally have some of the following:
* Education - Degree or equivalent qualification in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing, or a building / Construction related subject
* Or Experience of having worked within a drawing office, design office, or something similar
Overall this is a fantastic opportunity to join a large, highly regarded and secure manufacturing firm based in Sheffield. If you would like any further information relating to this role then please feel free to contact David at Davinci for an informal discussion. The services advertised on behalf of Davinci Skilled and Technical Ltd are those of an employment Agency