Business Project ManagerAgile/Waterfall/Hybrid - Fully Remote - £45k -£65k
Are you interested in technology and looking to continue your career in IT Project Management?
Do you want a role where no two days are the same?
Would you enjoy a role where you can build your skills, make a difference and be part of a rapidly expanding team?
--- If you answered yes to these questions, we might just have the job for you!
One of IT Bods leading clients is a Project Management as a service (PMaaS) consultancy helping organisations inject direction, pace, and change energy into projects to get them moving fast.
Established in 2013 my client is a team of highly focused programme / project experts that have designed a fast, easy, and effective way of ensuring our service aligns with your business needs and required outcomes. This approach lets them understand unique challenges, gather the necessary knowledge, and start delivering quickly, giving their clients the opportunity to focus on your other important tasks.About the role
Reporting to the Director of Solution Delivery the Project Manager (PM) is responsible for planning, leading, organizing, and motivating project teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering projects that provide exceptional business value to users. The PM may be responsible for managing several concurrent high visibility projects using agile / waterfall / hybrid methods in a fast-paced environment that may cross multiple business divisions. The PM may also play several different roles in actual practice:
- At an business transformation level, leading and managing large, complex business and IT projects consisting of multiple resources and/or requiring integration with other activities outside the scope of the project team
- At a team level, playing a consultative role to help put in place the appropriate people, process, and tools and coaching members of the team as needed to optimize the efficiency of the project team
- In situations that require a hybrid Agile approach, using good judgment and skill to develop a project management approach that is suitable for planning and managing the effort to achieve the project goals within designated project constraints
In performing these roles, the PM will be expected to apply adaptable governance using a high level of knowledge and
experience in blending traditional Waterfall project management principles and practices with an Agile approach in the right proportions to fit small and large, complex, mission-critical projects with the appropriate level of planning to provide the right balance of agility and predictability.About You
Balanced business/technical background:
- Solid understanding of traditional project management principles and software development life cycle models as well as good knowledge of both Agile and Waterfall practices with the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment
- A proven track record of successfully implementing business, data, digital and IT projects using Waterfall or Agile methodologies including 5+ years of experience as a Project Manager managing large, complex projects
- Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile methodologies
- Experience overseeing multi-function project teams with at least 5-10 team members including Developers, Infrastructure engineers, Solution Designers, Business Analysts, Project Analysts and QA Test
Other Key Skills/Technical/Product KnowledgeEssential
- Sufficient level of technical background to provide highly credible leadership to development teams and to be able to evaluate complex project risks and issues accurately and objectively
- Ability to provide leadership to business analysts and collaborate with customers and develop strategies and solutions of high business value
- Experience of contributing to and writing detailed and good quality documentation to support technical implementation work of multiple projects
- Experience of designing & facilitating workshops for customers
- Experience of delivering presentations to customers and partners in both pre-sales and delivery phases of the project
- Experience of managing a broad range of projects including but not limited to:
- Cross platform technologies, data architecture, relocation/consolidation, large scale technology refresh projects, portal environment builds, bespoke application development, stress and load testing, back up & restore projects, packaged application, and managed take on projects.
- Good understanding of all underlying technical platforms being implemented or deployed taking ownership of the total solution.
- Experience of contract negotiation and vendor/supplier management
- Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish/maintain high level of customer trust and confidence
- Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using appropriate tools:
- Microsoft Project, Visio, MS Excel, SharePoint and the other Office 365 Tools
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level
Degree level education or equivalent
Membership to a professional organisation (eg. APM (RPP) / PMI / BCS) Proof of technical background through previous or current accreditations
Awareness of other methodologies (eg. Kanban, Unified Process (UP)If you interested in hearing more about the Business Project Manager (Agile/Waterfall/Hybrid) including fully remote/ offering between £45k - £65k please click on the link to apply.