Senior C# Research Engineer
A global powerhouse within the technology industry is looking for a Senior C# Research Engineer to join their team in Cambridge on a contract until 30th June 2022 initially.
This is an opportunity for a talented software engineer to influence high impact, disruptive projects. The ideal candidate will enjoy being challenged and learning new skills around the core competencies described. The solutions developed are overwhelmingly for prototype systems, often with fast iteration rates. We have a fail-fast attitude where experimentation and risk are embraced.
This requires a research mindset, as many of the problems we're solving have never been tackled before.Responsibilities
A day will usually involve some mixture of: investigating unusual code behaviour, debugging and diagnosing root causes, modifying existing code, testing changes. Occasionally writing new code. Talking to other team members to clarify requirements and coordinate over the use of equipment.Skills / Experience Required
- Strong C# experience
- Multi-threaded coding experience
- Strong troubleshooting (debugging) skills in complex environments
- Experienced developer: your code is maintainable, elegant, and testable
- Can work independently with minimal supervision towards broadly defined tasks within a team environment.
- Able to thrive in a highly agile research environment where priorities and tasks change frequently.
- At least 6 years software industry experience
We are looking for someone with excellent software design and implementation skills. The ideal person is a seasoned developer, able to work productively modifying an existing codebase, managing exotic hardware devices, occasionally in a multi-threaded context.
This project spans multiple disciplines, so the ability to communicate well with other team members and support overall team goals is crucial.
Huntress Search Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.