Are you an experienced Designer with a Subsea structures background?
Ready for a new challenge in a permanent role with flexible working/benefits package?
Our global engineering client is now seeking a Level II Designer (Staff) to be part of the Global Projects Centre & Asia Pacific (GPC&AP) Drawing Office in their purpose built London office.
Under direction from the CAD/Deputy Discipline Manager and Lead Designer, you will be responsible for producing 2D/3D models, procedural and design drawings for the fabrication of subsea structures and ancillaries for subsea installation of SPS and SURF as well as pipeline design related drawings.
Specific Key Responsibilities & Activities
Prepare design/fabrication drawings of steel structures and piping (P&IDs/Isometrics) using Inventor and AutoCAD software.
Prepare pipeline related drawings e.g. field layouts, alignment sheets, approach drawings, and crossings.
Interface with other disciplines to obtain input for designs and drawings and to develop clash free designs.
Assist in the identification of technical problems and contribute with possible solutions.
Conduct self-check on drawing/sketches.
Prepare drawings and sketches consistent with good engineering practice and in compliance with company drawing office procedures.
Assist Fabrication as required in the resolution of construction difficulties relating to design problems, clashes, etc.
Provide feedback and input to improve departmental standards, working methods and guidelines.
Actively participate in training and development opportunities to ensure continuing professional development.
Essential Experience, Skills and Knowledge
· Technical education preferably related to civil, structural or mechanical engineering.
· Experience in the use of Inventor/SolidWorks 3D
· Proficient in the use of AutoCAD.
· Experience in design/drafting of steel structures.
· Good working knowledge of other non-technical software e.g. MS Office including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
· Experience in design/drafting of subsea steel structures including piping and/or pipelines.
· Experience working with offshore field layouts and route planning and general subsea field development.
· Experience working on offshore operations method drawings.
· Experience in Offshore Wind installation/structures.
· Experience with Civil 3D for layout and alignment sheet production.
· Experience with Vault for data (drawings/models) management.
· Experience in (VR) Virtual Reality.