Head of Finance - Operations
Exclusive to T2M Resourcing, this is a great opportunity for a highly commercial Head of Finance to support the Operations Directors of a market leading company. This operationally focused role requires a qualified accountant to understand, provide insight and decision support, identify opportunities to improve efficiency and drive profitability across a network of c70 sites.
Salary £80,000 to £90,000 + Car Allowance + Bonus
Reporting to the Finance Director and being an integral member of the operations management team your remit will include:
To thrive in this role as Head of Finance, the successful candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Providing financial insight on opportunities and risks in the delivery of Operational budgets and KPI's, taking a proactive role in driving actions to mitigate risk and capitalise on opportunities
- Provide robust support and challenge on all Operational projects and business cases
- Provide constructive challenge on Operational costs, benchmarking and understanding best practice to capitalise on opportunities.
- Lead the Risk & Operations forecast, budget and business planning cycle for Operational costs ( c£500m) and work with the leadership team drive strategy to achieve targets
- Liaise with the Shared Service Centre and the FP&A team on all finance operational issues
- Ensuring financial integrity within the business including compliance to group policies and procedures
- Build exceptional and robust relationships with the leadership that will enable the group to maximise efficiency and harmony, embracing best practice and sharing great ideas!
- Management and development of a Finance Business partner and fully utilising the resources available from the Finance Shared Services team
- Graduate level, qualified accountant (CIMA/ACA/ACCA ) or equivalent with several year PQE and previous experience of business partnering, providing support and insight to functional teams
- A high level of commercial acumen with a genuine desire to understand the business and make a significant contribution to improving performance
- Self starter with experience of seeking out opportunities and selling ideas and gaining buy-in from the Business to drive value
- Ability to see the bigger picture as well as 'hands on' and happy to delve into the detail
- Proven ability to business partner with senior leaders and able to influence at all levels
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
This role will require the Head of Finance to be 'out and about' in the business and to attend senior operational management meetings. There will also be the opportunity to work from home when not traveling.