Medical Secretary / Practice Administrator, based in the Merthyr area, permanent role, start ASAP, Mon to Fri Your new company
An established medical practice based in MerthyrYour new role
Working as a Medical Secretary / Practice Administrator, you will be responsible for providing comprehensive and high quality secretarial support to the medical centre. It's an extremely busy practice and you will join a team of medical secretaries and the wider administrative support team working to support the operations of the practice.
The post holder will support the administrative operations of the Practice.
Key duties are listed below, however the list is non-exhaustive:
What you'll need to succeed
- Type referral letters, reports and associated documentation as required
- Liaise with external agencies such as the hospital and community services to ensure referrals are processed efficiently
- Process requests for information from patients or other organisations such as insurance/solicitor letters as examples, in line with Practice Policy and Data Protection/GDPR regulations
- Scanning of patient related documentation and attaching scanned documents to patient's health records
- After appropriate training, code documentation within the clinical system, inputting data into the patient's healthcare record as necessary to support our Workflow team when needed
- Deal sensitively with patients, relatives or members of the public via telephone or in person to help them with their query or concern
You will have experience as working as a secretary / practice administrative, with strong keyboard skills including touch typing with the ability to type from dictation. Experience within the medical industry or NHS is desirable. You will have strong organisational skills and it's essential that you are a team player. What you'll get in return
This is a great opportunity to join a superb team working in a busy practice at the heart of the community. Salary for the role depends on experience
- Band 3 £19737 - £21142
- Band 4 £21892 - £24157
Hours of work are 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday. Practice is open between 8am and 6pm.What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.