My client is a world leading manufacturer of a specialist product and enjoy a worldwide reputation for quality & performance.
They have an opportunity for a SHEET METAL WORKER who is hard working, ambitious and keen to progress in an established and successful company. This is a great opportunity for a talented individual to work on bespoke products for the global market and help them achieve their goals.
• Weld and fabricate a variety of bespoke components using stainless steel, mild steel and Galvanised materials, gauge of sheet metal generally between 0.9mm & 6mm thickness.
• Weld and fabricate bespoke frameworks from mild steel rolled hollow section and angle iron to a high standard.
• Construct Ductwork and Plenums from Galvanised sheet.
• Read engineering drawings and translate that into an end product with minimum supervision.
• Achieve a high standard of finish/tolerance on bespoke fabricated products.
• Create own cutting list and cut up material using electric band saw.
• Cut and shape materials using a notching machine, guillotine or hand rolls.
• Mark out, drill and tap holes.
• Carry out site work when necessary.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
• Apprentice trained sheet metal worker / fabricator welder.
• Sound background in the welding and fabrication of bespoke products, working within a light / medium fabrication working environment.
• Good TIG, MIG and spot-welding skills are essential.
• Have good calculation skills and have the ability to work to fine tolerances.
• Capable of working on their own initiative and as part of a team.
• Highly motivated with a team orientated work style
• Accuracy and attention to detail.
• Willingness to travel if required
Candidates who are selected for interview will be asked to complete a welding and fabrication test.
40 Hours per week, Monday - Friday 7.30am - 4.00pm, with a half hour unpaid lunch break.
There is an opportunity to work overtime when available.
Free onsite parking
After a qualifying period, the company offers a Pension Scheme (7.5% employer contribution), 21 days holiday + statutory days