Jackson Hogg Supply Chain division are exclusively partnering with an organisation in Cramlington on the appointment of a Production Planner to join their established Supply Chain team.
This is a full time and permanent role working a 37.5 hour week Monday to Friday 08:30-16:45 with 27 days holiday plus bank hols.
The role holder will regularly provide production plans, status updates to site and facilitate the timely delivery of products to customers. Monitoring the production process to ensure that production orders are completed on time and within budget are also key requirements of the role holder.
* Working from the Sales and Order Processing (S&OP) and taking input from NPI Project and Commercial Manager, generate and maintain site's high-level production plan.
* Accurately update SAP to reflect the high-level plan. Ensure plan reflects any known downtime for Engineering or project work and is a realistic forward view of what can be achieved.
* Execute and maintain a robust Master Production Schedule, feeding into a monthly Sales, Inventory and Operation planning cycle (S&OP). Flag any challenges that have the potential to impact attainment to plan.
* Work closely with Production teams for the maximization of schedule adherence, capacity, and labour utilisation and to improve processes and standards.
* Liaise with Engineering (Maintenance & Projects), Supply Chain, Quality unit (QC/QA) and Business Units to ensure production plans reflect work which will impact on production on a minimum 3 month look ahead.
* Work with project teams to update production plans for rigging/commissioning and NPI work including batch planning.
* Monitor and advise on site capacity requirements in line with forecast changes.
* Provide a viable set of Production plans and works order documentation to ensure the Production, Warehouse and Supply Chain teams can effectively plan.
* Generate reports for site.
* Generate and issue Planning KPI's on a weekly & monthly basis.
* Attend the daily Site Tier Meeting, and other meetings as required.
* Support the Supply Chain Manager with day to day and ad hoc tasks/projects.
* Demonstrable experience in a Planning role in a manufacturing environment.
* Current working knowledge of the integrated aspects of the total Supply Chain including demand management, production, and factory planning and materials management.
* Current working knowledge of SAP is essential with a high level of knowledge of Microsoft Excel and/or any other planning tool.
* Excellent communication skills and capable of operating with stakeholders at all levels.
* Commercial awareness with ability to make decisions that benefits the needs of the business.
This is an urgent role with interviews to take place in December. Please apply ASAP to be considered