Lynx Recruitment are working with a fantastic MSP (Managed Service Provider) and due to continued growth, an opportunity for a 2nd Line IT Support Engineer to join their existing team in this specialised role.
About the role:
The position is based out onsite at one of their clients' offices five days per week. There will be some travel to other clients in around Swindon and Newbury areas as and when required. You will be dealing with clients face-to-face including escalations and so previous experience working in this setting is essential.
Your role will be to provide technical advice and practical assistance to our onsite clients and end users including the following functions:
* Assisting in 1st/2nd line technical support to our client's staff, answering support queries.
* Implementing IMACS (Install, Moves and Changes).
* Provide 2nd line server support in conjunction with our Service Desk team.
* Diagnosing and resolving of complex issues in a Microsoft environment:
* Windows Server 2019
* Active Directory
* Microsoft 365
* Excellent problem solving and trouble-shooting skills with an ability to isolate problems to specific parts of a system and diagnose under tight time constraints.
* Resolving issues with PC's, networks and networked devices (printers, scanners, switches etc)
* Performing System administration and maintenance.
* To take ownership of user problems and be proactive when dealing with user issues.
* Creating and updating technical documentation including work instructions, standard operating procedures/manuals
* Project activity including making technical recommendations in the scoping of IT projects for clients
* Coaching and mentoring peers upon resolving escalated issues