The LNT Group is a rapidly expanding Yorkshire based group of companies. Under the guidance of Chairman and founder Lawrence Tomlinson it consists of five core businesses across industry sectors including: Healthcare, Construction, Chemicals, Automotive and Software.
Based in Leeds, Ginetta has been building British road and race cars since 1958 - but since its purchase by LNT Group in 2005, the company has grown to become one of the most significant players on the global motorsport scene.
With racing pedigree throughout the business; Lawrence/Team LNT and Ginetta have raced at LMP1 level in Le Mans, with Lawrence himself winning the GT2 class at Le Mans 2006 in a Panoz Esperante.
We offer a great place to work with fantastic employee benefits including, free parking, pension and much more. We are looking to recruit a Junior Wiring Technician to join our growing electrical department. Although predominantly team based, you must also have the ability to work on your own with the flexibility to meet deadlines.
As a Ginetta Wiring Technician, you will be working to produce wiring looms & harnesses for a number of high-end road and race cars, whilst paying particular attention to the packaging and integration of electrical systems onto the vehicles to optimise performance.
A background in electronics is preferred but not essential, and any experience/competencies in other aspects of automotive manufacture is also beneficial. Under the mentorship and experienced guidance of our senior staff, this is the perfect opportunity for a graduate to begin their career in a forward thinking, fast paced, multi-faceted automotive manufacturer.
Your key responsibilities include:
* Great attention to detail and ability to work to tight tolerances
* Ability to follow work instructions and read technical/electrical drawings
* Ability to manage & maintain a catalogue of electrical hardware
* Strong analytical skills and ability to diagnose and problem solve
* Have good hand dexterity and ability to use a wide range of tools
* Self-motivated and have the ability to work autonomously under pressure
* Have the ability of meeting targets and work in a fast-paced industry
* Be approachable & have a willingness to develop and learn
* Excellent team spirit and work ethic
* Good Engineering understanding and appreciation towards manufacturing practices
* General good housekeeping ethic & abide to Health & Safety policies
Salary will be dependent upon previous experience (if any).
Opportunities for career progression within the department and the wider business are possible