As a leading UK based Engineering
business demonstrating continued success and expansion we are looking for Design Engineers
to join the team.
This role of Design Engineer
will suit a career driven already experienced degree qualified Mechanical Design Engineer
that wants to enhance their career with the Automotive
/ Off Highway Design sector
Ideally qualified to degree level in Mechanical Design
with good hands-on experience within Engineering
you will be designing
from concept to delivery on projects.
Ideally Located - Rocester, Uttoxeter, Cheadle, Ashbourne, Alton, Caverswall, Church Mayfield,Stafford, Cannock, Stoke on Trent, Burton upon Trent, Lichfield, Telford, Sutton Coldfield, Crewe, Derby, Macclesfield, Wolverhampton
Salary - £35k to £45K DOE - pension, medical insurance, dental care, access to the company's healthy living centre and 33 days annual leave.
The Candidate & Role
- Experienced in 3D concept design.
- Be experienced 2D drafting and support prototype / production release of components.
- Be competent with systems and procedures such as CAD /
- Be able to undertake the execution of analysis / calculations - CFD, FEA, cooling calculations, stress / strain, component life expectancy etc.
- You will support the engineering sign-off requirements via the use of DFMEA's & DVP's.
- Collect / Compile engineering sign-off data.
- Be happy to support the development of design standards & test procedures, rig operation, test equipment etc.
- Support the generation of timing plans, technical requirements & costs.
- Interpreting and using test data and analysis techniques results correctly.
- Work to reduce cost and improve quality.
- Speak / Meet with internal and external suppliers to develop design briefs / design solutions / validations plans & delivery plans.
- Experienced in leading a small team of engineers.
- Generate documentation to prove the machine meets the latest legislation requirements.
- Support the creation of system and component specifications and design (cascaded from programme targets) - using/commissioning the relevant analysis tools to support data driven design decisions.
- Resolve / Find Solutions for engineering problems using correct methods / methodologies.
- You will ideally have an understanding of powertrain system / architecture.
- Be capable of working from engineering brief as well as arrangement models.
Apply in Confidence:
To apply for this Design Engineers
role please forward your CV
to Robert Cox at Glen Callum Associates Ltd on or Job Ref: 3681RC Design Engineer