This is a brand new position that our client has created in order to strengthen their existing Quality, Engineering and Technical Support teams.
If you are an experienced Electronics Quality Engineer with good team supervision and customer facing skills, this could be an ideal role for you.
Reporting to Manufacturing Operations Manager and dotted line to the MD, you will be responsible for monitoring and reporting the product quality from assembled SMT PCB's, PTH to finished goods.
You will be an experienced Quality Engineer from a manufacturing environment, competent using different software tools, equipment and metrics ensuring the highest quality standards are maintained, and improvement opportunities identified.
This is a new role due to growth and will head up the quality team. Your knowledge of IPC quality standards will be supported by strong people management skills together with the ability to organise, control and prioritise your teams' workload. Communication at all levels with other departments is essential as is active participation in customer quality meetings.
The role of Quality Engineer offers a balance of hands-on quality control, QMS, and using problem-solving improvement tools.
The main responsibilities of this role are:
* To support the quality inspection team using your experience and problem-solving skills.
* To provide quality performance data, highlight defect and improvement opportunities.
* Manage internal corrective / preventive investigations, reporting to Management Team.
* Support technical investigations for product NPIs, new processes and technologies.
* To lead Production, Engineering and Test teams on root cause investigations.
* To organise, control and prioritise workload of Inspection team.
* To provide monthly quality metrics to the Management Team.
* Define and carry out internal quality audits as QMS schedule.
For more information and a confidential discussion, please apply now.
EcoTalent are acting as a recruitment consultant on behalf of our client