About the project
The HS2, N1/ N2 project covers the northern 90km section of Phase 1 of the overall HS2 scheme to provide a new high-speed rail connection between London and the North of England.
SB3 are a joint venture incorporating 2 x market leading contractors appointed by a couple of large main contractors, to deliver the geotechnical works required along the approximately 90km of route from Leamington Spa to Lichfield.
The works comprises extensive geotechnical works including:
* Circa. 9km of Diaphragm Walls at 9 individual structures.
* 28No. Secant/ contiguous structures totalling 150,000 lin. m of piling
* Plunge Columns, Tension Piles, Ground Anchors, Soil Nails and Ground Improvement
* 103No. Piled bridges & viaducts.
To be responsible for the efficient running of contracts on site which includes, contract performance, safety, monitoring/ reporting progress against targets, client liaison, allocation and supervision of staff, whilst achieve excellence in safety, quality, sustainability and efficiency
* Ensure that the project has clear deliverables through handover meetings with process team (estimating, design, commercial, procurement, plant and operations) and ensure monitoring/compliance through the use of KPI's
* Prepare and collate contract documentation and ensure submission to the customer in advance of the works. Ensure all approvals are obtained in full prior to mobilisation to site
* Prepare site documentation and communicate deliverables to the site supervisor. On complex or large projects attend site as directed by the Operations Manager
* Ensure all site paperwork is presented is comprehensive, neat and tidy. Review site records on a weekly basis to ensure compliance with deliverables and contract
* Manage the close out of any non-conformities that may arise
* Responsible for recording all changes to project deliverables with the customer ensuring involvement with the commercial department
* Monitor the project performance on a daily basis with the project site team, ensuring that all actions/risks are closed out in a timely manner to maximise margins, reduce costs, maximise income and reduce risk. Report on project performance daily to the operations manager
* Demonstrate highly visible and effective HSE and sustainability leadership
* Be responsible for leading or agreeing final account settlements with the support of the commercial department
* Prepare and review the financial performance on a monthly basis and where applicable revise the project forecast weekly. Be responsible for all contract purchases/costs
* Provide support to the work winning teams on sequencing, constructability, methodology risks and opportunities. Provide support at customer meetings or input to bid documents
* Work closely with the whole process team (to include operations, preconstruction, commercial, plant, business development and design), to ensure an effective and efficient project delivery
* Develop relationships with customers to get a clear understanding of their requirements and to ensure customer understands the needs of Ground Engineering
* Ensure that all the project delivery team comply with the Business Management System through support and audit
* Participate in audit and assurance of the operations team, identifying good practice and areas for improvement and ensure these are captured in the strategy and BMS
* Ensure a relentless focus on Zero Harm
* Support the delivery of CSUK's Sustainability activities