Test Automation Architect
Fantastic opportunity for a Test Automation Architect with a round 5 years experience with test automation assessment, strategy and management. Broad and extensive experience of creating and developing automation frameworks, owning the research into tooling and identifying opportunities to carry out a proof of concept and following that up by defining standards to be applied
The Test Automation Architect is a crucial role within the Product Engineering team and will be accountable for the implementation and adoption of the test automation strategy.
Reporting to the QA and Test Team Lead you will be working closely with peers across the department in order to drive a consistent and efficient approach to the automated test assurance of products and services, orchestrated by the CI/CD pipeline. This would include coaching and mentoring of Test Engineers who wish to learn automation techniques.
The tech stack varies across each of the product development teams, with key technologies including .Net, AWS, Java, Angular, Salesforce and React Native.
* Provide technical leadership and innovation whilst accountable for the development of quality, complex and scalable automated solutions.
* Identify testing tools and processes that align with the technologies already in place along with the skill set of the team
* Responsible for defining and maintaining a roadmap for the implementation of the automation strategy aligned to the test pyramid model.
* Monitor, mentor and collaborate in order to continually improve the use of automation techniques across the department.
* Lead Engineers, distributed across many Agile delivery teams, through all aspects of automation testing ensuring that quality is embedded as early as possible, with a goal of achieving fast feedback, as part of the agile development lifecycle.
* Coach, mentor and motivate engineers and relevant Core IT Partners resource in the best practise of automated testing of systems and services for the purpose of improving the general skill set of the team and increasing knowledge of solutions.
* Embed automated test solutions into the CI/CD pipeline
* Keep up to date with industry trends, continually horizon scanning for new tools, techniques and technologies which can further improve the automated test approach.
Skills, qualifications, and experience:
* Strong knowledge and experience of various test automation tools and best practices.
* Experience in collaborating and influencing cross-functional teams.
* Knowledge of Agile principles.
* Significant experience with test automation assessment, strategy and management.
* Broad and extensive experience of creating and developing automation frameworks, owning the research into tooling and identifying opportunities to carry out a proof of concept and following that up by defining standards to be applied.
* Ability to identify how to increase efficiency of tests and reduce the cost of quality.
* Experience of working within an Agile development environment.
* Ability to influence a community of engineers of the importance of investing time into testing and maintaining an automation test suite.
* A confident communicator, both verbal and written, comfortable with engaging with customers at all levels, both technical and non-technical.
* A fail fast mentality - you will be actively encouraged to trial new test technology and practices.
* Ability to mentor and grow capacity.
* Experience with implementing Contract Testing would be beneficial.
* 5+ years experience in a similar role