Grafton Recruitment are now seeking to appoint a Decontamination Technician to assist in the testing and sterilisation of medical equipment for our client. The successful candidate will ideally have a background in a clinical background with experience with sterilisation equipment however, we are looking to speak with candidates from alternative backgrounds.
· Carry out all daily tests and housekeeping duties on the decontamination equipment. Keep all work areas tidy and free from hazards.
· Perform leakage tests on all scopes.
· Decontaminate flexible scopes using the automated washer disinfectors.
· Complete necessary paperwork as part of the quality tracking system for each scope.
· Inform Clinical Engineering of any repairs and complete necessary paperwork
· Report and trouble shoot any problems with machinery to the Supervisor.
· Programme washer disinfectors to self-disinfect as per department policy.
· Change detergents as required and record batch numbers in the control logs.
· Alert the supervisor or the decontamination manager of any consumable low stock levels.
· Put all stock away safely and securely.
· Maintain an awareness of value of endoscopes and kit.
· Educated to GCSE (or equivalent) grade C or above in English and Maths
Knowledge & Experience
Decontamination background in endoscopy or sterile services would be desirable but not essential, as full training will be provided.
Relevant experience working in a clinical setting or controlled environment. Willingness to undertake full training within the department Understanding of decontamination practices and its importance to patient care and quality control Team Player Understanding of national standards and requirements of decontamination
Hiring Contact: Shannon Adams
Agency: Grafton Recruitment
If you would like any further information about any vacancies before applying, please feel free to contact (url removed)