Specialist Dietitian (full time)Location:
Cygnet Hospital Brunel and Cygnet Hospital Taunton Salary:
up to £39,027 Hours:
40 hours per week (full time)Are you an enthusiastic Registered Dietitian looking for new challenges, career development and explore the role of Dietetics in mental health?
We have an excellent full time opportunity at Cygnet Hospital Brunel
and Cygnet Hospital Taunton
(Swift Ward), offering a varied clinical experiences within the field of Mental Health. Cygnet Hospital Brunel is a 32-bed Neuropsychiatric rehabilitation service for men with acquired brain injury or progressive neurological illness. Input to Cygnet Hospital Taunton would be in the Acute Older Adults Mental Health service.
We are looking for an experienced Dietitian to work across both services.
In this role you will provide high quality assessment and therapy, plan and implement programmes of care in individual or group settings using evidence-based practice. You will provide specialist clinical advice to others regarding the management and care of patients with nutritional support needs, including the promotion of the Food First approach, meal planning and enteral feeding.
For further information about these locations please follow these links: Cygnet Hospital Brunel and Cygnet Hospital Taunton (Swift Ward)
At Cygnet, our perks go way beyond pension schemes and excellent professional development.
You'll also enjoy shopping, travel and leisure discounts - as well as a range of healthcare and financial benefits - to support you to be happy both in and out of work.In this role you will:
Why Cygnet? We will offer you...
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Deliver a clinical service for a complex client group, using a range of skills and knowledge in assessment and intervention methods within a coherent framework
- Deliver teaching/training to staff at the site, under the guidance of a supervising highly experienced Dietitian
- Participate in the planning, development and evaluation of the Dietetics Service
- Receive expert clinical supervision and peer support
- Be part of a growing national network of Cygnet-employed Dietitians
We are looking for someone who is / has...
- Salary up to £39,027 (depending on experience)
- Generous annual leave entitlement that increases with length of service
- Study leave & support with CPD opportunities
- Company paid life assurance scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free meals on duty & cycle to work scheme
- Access to the NHS Discount Scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit, providing fitness programmes, nutrition consultation & health checks
Cygnet Health Care
- A Diploma/Degree in Dietetics
- Experience in managing enteral nutrition
- HCPC-registered and membership with the BDA
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the client population
- Good understanding of core Dietetics skills and current best practice in Nutrition and Dietetics
has been providing a national network of high-quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years. We have built a reputation for delivering pioneering services and outstanding outcomes. Our expert care enables thousands of individuals to consistently make a positive difference to their lives.
We maintain a good relationship with our quality regulators and undergo regular inspections, with 85% of our services rated 'Good' or 'Outstanding'. We also operate an internal system of quality care, treatment and positive outcomes.What next?
If you care about making a difference - we want to talk to you.
Successful candidates will need to meet the person specification in order to be offered this post. All candidates will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and reference checks.