WHAT YOU'LL DO
This amazing new opportunity is for an experienced Compliance Manager to join the Global Compliance Team at BCG.
The Global Compliance team provides support, guidance and oversight on critical compliance topics that anchor how BCG employees support each other, their clients, and the business - with policies, processes, and systems which BCG continuously improve. The team develops and implements smart capabilities, toolkits, frameworks and training to empower BCG employees to act in accordance with the values and code of conduct, and to promote adherence to laws, regulatory requirements, and internal policies and procedures.
In this role you will help make sure that there are effective compliance controls and procedures, relevant to a global professional services organization, in place for third-party (client and supplier) risks. You will:
* Provide specialist advice and analysis, guidance, and oversight to first line of defense.
* Oversee compliance with applicable legislative requirements.
* Advise on regulatory change projects and enhancements to existing controls and procedures and oversee the delivery of global programs to comply with such legal and regulatory initiatives.
* Build compliance risk reporting and keep accurate records.
* Work with other global functions and a regional compliance network to drive compliance controls and procedures.
* Build and maintain a wide network of key stakeholders across the business globally.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
* Together with other global functions (including Legal, Risk & Procurement), review existing processes and design, deploy, and oversee a due diligence framework for third party (client and supplier) risk that meets relevant regulatory & legal requirements as well as BCG's internal policies.
* Exercise independent judgments to identify potential issues on complex third-party (client and supplier) compliance risks relevant to a global professional services organization.
* Perform testing and monitoring to give assurance that the organisation has adequate third-party (client and supplier) procedures and controls, and that these are operating effectively.
* Oversee, mobilize, and ensure ongoing improvements to BCG's System Commercial Advisory Process (SCA) - a governance framework initiated during business development and contract negotiations to provide recommendations on whether BCG should support a specific commercial opportunity or ongoing effort from a risk, values, and reputation perspective.
* Assist in ensuring that BCG's policies and procedures are in line with current legal and regulatory requirements. Recommend mitigation measures to ensure global minimum standards are met.
* Support the first line of defence to manage the risk of third-party intermediaries via close coordination with areas seeking to engage introducers/ experts etc.
* Ensure that first line of defence business escalations relating to third-party (client and supplier) compliance risks are accurately prioritized, assigned and assessed, engaging with other specialist functions (e.g., Legal) as appropriate.
* Carry out horizon scanning and proactively give advice to the business regarding changes to legislation, regulations and global requirements relating to third-party (client and supplier) compliance risks.
* Work with relevant product owners to recommend improvements / priorities to software capabilities for third-party (client and supplier) compliance risk management.
* Provide subject matter input into the Enterprise Risk function risk register and risk assessment activity on third-party (client and supplier) risk exposure and management.
* Update senior management (including the Head of Compliance and Chief Risk Officer) on the management of third-party (client and supplier) compliance risks and issues.
* Project manage compliance deliverables across the global business.
* Maintain knowledge of trends, developments, and new technologies. Provide recommendations on new technology and tools for third party (client and supplier) risk identification and management.
* Support the Compliance Centre of Excellence and regional compliance network with the delivery of education, training, and awareness programs relating to third-party compliance risks.
* Support internal and external audits and regulatory reviews.
* Be actively involved in relevant external industry forums.
* Assume additional responsibilities as required.
YOU'RE GOOD AT
* Experience in an international working environment, ideally at a global professional services organization.
* Ability to assess end-to-end business risk priorities associated with third-party compliance risks relevant to a professional services organization.
* Ability to make risk-based decisions, using sound judgement to escalate appropriately.
* Capability to provide advice & guidance to business units, covering policies, procedures, and risks.
* Strong background in risk and controls.
* Strong ability to identify trends and unusual activity in management information and data.
* Demonstrated experience in project and risk management.
* Confidence engaging with cross functional stakeholders at all levels and across geographies.
* Ability to develop working methods independently as well as in a consensus-driven environment.
* Ability to implement change processes.
* High integrity, flexibility, willingness, and sense of ownership.
* Fluent business English (spoken and written); additional languages desirable.
* Good Understanding of regulation as it applies to onboarding and managing third-party relationships.
YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
* An academic degree in a relevant discipline. Advanced degree preferred
* Minimum 5-7 years relevant experience in compliance/ risk function within a financial/ banking institution, professional services or consulting firm
* Working knowledge of relevant regulatory frameworks (US and international)
* Willingness to travel to BCG office locations on an ad hoc basis
* Commitment to confidentiality required
YOU'LL WORK WITH
You will be part of the Compliance team reporting to the Chief Compliance Officer as part of the wider Risk team.