Head of Network Development - (Hybrid working)
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Head of Network Development who has solid hands-on day to day operation management of the entire network providing hands on technical leadership.
You'll be responsible for:
* Supporting the smooth and efficient day to day operation of the entire network
* Providing technical leadership to a growing Network Engineering team
* Working with mixed vendor kit including Extreme, Cisco and Merchant Silicon
* Leading and driving project work to deliver 24/7 network monitoring and support, partnering with an outsourced Network Operations Centre (NOC)
* Diagnosing the root causes of network issues using analytical and problem-solving skills
* On-call duty at the 3rd line support level and key escalation point for complex NOC issues.
* Designing and implementing core network architecture to support network scaling up to 250,000 customers across the region
* Auditing and continually improving processes and approaches within the Network Operations team
* Working with senior leadership in selecting and implementing relevant technologies
* Ensuring the timely documentation of all fixes and changes to the Network
* Line managing a small team of Network Engineers
* Any other reasonable duties that may be required to ensure the successful operation of the network
Skills & Experience:
* Experience working in an Internet Service Provider or Data Centre following best practices
* Demonstrable experience designing and leading the implementation of large, successful network transitions
* Expert technical knowledge in all matters relating to optical ethernet, IP transmission and routing (including ISIS and BGP).
* Advanced infrastructure design with specialist knowledge of routing, switching, security and Software Defined Networking.
* Ability to switch seamlessly between design and hands-on network engineering.
* Strong familiarity with major network vendors
* Experience working within unix-like environments (i.e. Linux, FreeBSD).
* Experience implementing and managing automation tools, and the DevOps approach to infrastructure orchestration.
* The aptitude to work to a high standard autonomously or within a team
* Team lead experience with a coaching and continuous improvement mindset
* Team player, building positive relationships internally, with suppliers and customers
* Pro-active, can-do attitude, always going the extra mile
* Ability to communicate clearly and present complex technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences
* Working knowledge of service management frameworks i.e. ITIL, ITSM
* CCNA/CCIE level of certification is desirable but not essential
What we offer:
A chance to join a fast paced, industry disruptor that's doing things differently
Great benefits like life insurance, health care options, pension
Great working environment
25 days holiday