Contract Design Engineer - Chassis, sought for leading motorcycle manufacturer in the East Midlands.
As an experienced Design Engineer, you will join the Chassis team working with the wider Chassis and across multiple cross functional teams. You will be responsible for the specification, design and development of components, assemblies and systems that contribute to World class leading motorcycles.
Collaborating with both in-house manufacturing teams and external suppliers, you will own the design process, working flexibly with Industrial Design, Product Strategy and Sourcing teams, whilst ensuring conformity to regulatory requirements.
Design Engineer Role:
Your key responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
* Produce 3D CAD models, using Creo, to a high standard.
* Produce 2D engineering drawings, using Creo, to a high standard.
* Design systems and components for new and updated chassis projects, considering function, cost, manufacturing, assembly and quality.
* Follow and maintain Chassis design, operational and quality procedures.
* Produce supporting documentation for designs, as required.
* Design components and systems to comply with regulatory requirements and internal test procedures.
* Have a good understanding of the application of some regulatory requirements for motorcycles.
* Liaise with internal functional stakeholders to ensure alignment of expectations and needs.
* Liaise with external suppliers to ensure design for manufacture feedback is incorporated.
* Manage time and workload effectively.
Design Engineer Requirements:
* Qualified to degree level or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline. Minimum of 2:1 degree (BEng / MEng) except in the case of relevant 2 wheel experience.
* Proficient in 3D CAD, preferably Creo.
* Proficient in creating and releasing 2D technical drawings.
* Solid comprehensive of geometric tolerances on 2D drawings.
* Demonstrable experience in engineering design of components and subassemblies.
* Good understanding of motorcycle chassis layout and construction.
* Experience in designing to Regulatory requirements as applied to motorcycles is preferable.
* Able to demonstrate good time management.
* Good communicator, clear and concise, ability to communicate at all levels.
* Flexible, ability to travel to other work locations as and when required.
Applications are welcomed from Candidates who possess the relevant skills and experience as detailed in the job description.
Recent Graduates who do not have the required level of skills and experience need not apply.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK before making an application and it is the responsibility of the applicant to provide evidence of such eligibility