About the opportunity
Reporting to the Electrical & Plant (E&P) Head of Discipline, you will drive the delivery of Railway E&P projects to meet our clients greatest challenges whilst ensuring technical excellence and delivery.
Whilst there is no set location for this role, it will require the ability to travel in line with business needs. Responsibilities
- Carry out the duties of Rail E&P Contractors Responsible Engineer (CRE) or Project Engineer (PE) as required.
- Ensure internal and contractor's design/construction/specialists' personnel have the correct competencies.
- Manage all E&P engineering activities on allocated projects so that they result in schemes that are affordable and meet programme requirements in a safe and environmentally responsible manner for time, cost and quality.
- Manage the design and/or construction elements of allocated projects ensuring they meet the requirements of current legislation, including construction design management (CDM) and CSM-RA regulations.
- Provide advice in respect of all construction activities, including testing and commissioning and site supervision.
- Assist the Head of Discipline (HoD) in developing a culture of technical excellence by driving a right first-time approach.
- Monitor design and specialist consultants and contractors.
- Assist the HoD in the development & innovative solutions.
- Identify and help to share best practice across all project teams.
The successful candidate will be required to demonstrate the following:
- An industry recognised specialist in your technical discipline
- A passion for innovation and technical excellence
- Interpersonal, communication and influencing skills
- Complex Problem solver
- Delivers Solutions
- Customer Focus
- Situational Adaptability
- Strategic Mindset
- A Global Mindset and demonstrated ability to work across cultures and remotely with our Global Integrated Delivery teams
#UKRAIL #UKTransportation #UKE&P #EANDP
- Degree/HNC or relevant experience;
- BS7671 18 th Edition certification
- Good communicator
- An understanding of the arrangements required for the independent assessment of work.
- CDM, CSM-RA, risk assessment, engineering management competency.
- Experience in people management
- A working knowledge of Network Rail and other client Standards
- Specific experience of project development for rail E&P schemes, NR approval processes and deliverables criteria for E&P schemes.
- Approved as a Network Rail Contractors Responsible Engineers (CRE) or previously worked as a Network Rail Project Engineer
- Knowledge of quality assurance
We clear the way for inventive thinking so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can. Our Culture:
We're invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we're more connected, and if we are diverse, we're more creative.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.co.uk to view and access our roles.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
If you have any queries regarding the application process, please contact the team here .
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.