This is an exciting opportunity to work for a world leader in engineering who are seeking a Production Engineer who can demonstrate experience of working within an engineering/manufacturing organisation with a thorough understanding of quality, safety, maintenance, machining, assembly, and test.
You will support the development of assembly and manufacturing processes applying Lean and Continuous Improvement methodology, whilst targeting quality improvements, product cost reduction and applying Health & Safety best practice.
Basic salary £37,000 - pay review pending January 2022
Monday to Thursday - 8am to 4.30pm Friday 8am to 1pm - 33 days holidays, pension, free parking
* Qualified to HNC level (or equivalent) or actively working towards a Mechanical or Production Engineering qualification or qualified by experience.
* Ability to evaluate processes and instigate Continuous Improvement
* Design jigs and fixtures using CAD (preferably 3D) for use in the machine shop, assembly, and test areas, to ensure ease, consistency of manufacture, error proofing and by following the Lean principles
* Experience the use of continuous improvement tools and techniques such as e.g., VSM, SMED, TPM, Kaizen, 5S, Error Proofing Root Cause, PFMEA etc.
* Conversant with Lean Manufacture, Value Analysis and Value Engineering
* Good project management skills using Microsoft Office Suite
* Ability to organise and plan effectively to manage time
* A good team player, self-motivated to deliver and be responsible for projects
* Excellent communication and organisational skills
* Able to produce accurate and detailed production routes, specifying operation details, work centres and time estimates, for the in-house manufacture of the companies' products in both the machine shop and assembly areas
* Provide detailed assembly and manufacturing procedures
* Requirement of basic machining knowledge
* Requires a basic understanding of modern CNC machining methods
* Assist the assembly personnel with their day-to-day production requirements by providing them with technical assistance and problem-solving solutions
* Review and improve production processes using Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement methods
* Lead project teams, driving projects through to completion within budget and meeting target dates
* Drive lean principles throughout all aspects of the business
* Work closely with all departments to ensure continuous improvement
* Liaise with the design engineering departments, reviewing new products before they are released into production, ensuring that all designs are fit for assembly, test & manufacture at the most efficient cost