Nayr Recruitment are currently looking for a Design Engineer based in Cumbria for a 12 month contact within the nuclear sector.
Digital/Non Digital - NON Digital
Contract Length: 12 months
Location: Sellafield Site, Seascale (NW Cumb Seascale) - 2-3 days onsite required - local to site is required
Pay Rate to Candidate: £35.00 - £39.00 p/h UMBRELLA / £25.99 - £28.96 p/h PAYE
The Plant Facing Design Office (PFDO) is the organisation within SL that provides professional design support to the Plant Engineering community. Within the PFDO is the Task Delivery Design team that focuses on schedule driven tasks to support facilities across Sellafield. The site based PFDO / Task Delivery Process design team have a requirement for two Process Engineers to participate in a team that provides a design service to deliver fit for purpose, engineering solutions.
This role is for two Process Engineers with at least 3 years experience who will need to be able to fulfil the requirements of SQEP role: SR0754 'Process Designer'. The Task Delivery Process design team are predominately based in Albion Square, Whitehaven, with some homeworking There will be requirements to visit Sellafield site occasionally for plant walkdowns.
This role requires working collaboratively with the multidiscipline design team, system engineers and task managers to deliver fit for purpose solutions. For this role the applicant should also have the skills and knowledge to be able to lead tasks and support development of other junior designers and be able to check their work.
A key aspect of this role is the ability to work with the system engineer and other plant representatives to effectively define the scope of the problem and then develop a pragmatic process design solution while being responsive to changing priorities and often challenging timescales. It is expected that the role holder will have the ability / experience to produce a complete Process design response including for example (but not limited to) Basis of Design, calculations and substantiation documentation when required.
Design support to the scoping of tasks, typically comprising:
* Review of Task Traveller form, attendance at walkdowns, scoping and planning meetings
* Development of optioneering documents/concept design
Completion of detailed design information, such as:
* Production of Basis of Designs, calculations, proposal EFDs, datasheets
* Participation in SDDR's, MDDR's, HAZOP's etc.
* Engagement with Design Capability design engineers / SMEs for specialist support.
* Assisting in the preparation of design substantiation in the form of NFR's, and DAR's support SSC's identified within new or modified safety cases, and to support the substantiation through MSC.
Support installation, commissioning and close out of tasks, through engagement with plant, EFDs updates etc
* Normal working time is a minimum of 37 hours, with extension to 40 hours if required due to workload.
* It is expected that the contract would be a minimum of 12 months
* Minimum of 3 years post graduate experience.
* Chartered Chemical Engineer
* Previous experience in nuclear industry or other regulated industry
* Ability to work independently, managing own portfolio of tasks and within minimal supervision. Able to communicate effectively with customers and with Process Engineering team to manage delivery of work to the required timescale.
If you have the required experience and skills to fulfil this role then please apply with a copy of your CV