DESIGN & PROJECT ENGINEER
An excellent opportunity to be part of a growing automation company in Maidenhead. As Design Engineer, you will be involved in the design and development of Automated Solutions and work packages, tasked with maintaining a standard of excellence, delivering projects on time, within budget and ensuring safety & quality.
Design / Project Engineer - Role and Responsibilities
* Design and development of Automation solutions, tooling and equipment.
* Approximately 75% of time devoted to design & build initially, but management role is expected to increase as business grows.
* Work on exciting and challenging engineering projects on bespoke machinery and robotics projects for blue chip clients within the UK and overseas.
* Take lead engineer responsibility for a small team of engineers as required, and ensure the objectives and deliverables assigned and agreed by the team are met
* Monitor compliance to applicable codes, practices, QA/QC policies, performance standards and specifications.
* Support the delivery during trials of Facility Performance buy-off utilising tools such as 9 - panel process for example, to ensure equipment delivers within its Targets for MTTR & MTBF ensuring adherence to Design Cycle time.
* Promote efficient company development actions and process improvements.
* Lead the development of engineering concepts in line with customer requirements.
* Regular interaction with the clients to interpret their needs and requirements and represent them in the field.
* Review engineering deliverables and initiate appropriate corrective actions.
* Management of and liaison with key suppliers.
* Ensure Value for money solutions are sought for all Engineering solutions.
* Ensure costs are properly tracked and accounted.
* Take responsibility for reporting progress through Master Schedule and reviews.
Design / Project Engineer - Experience & Requirements
* Qualified mechanical design engineer with experience of special purpose machinery, factory automation and "mechatronics" systems.
* Ideally educated to degree level in a suitable engineering discipline. However, consideration will be given to those who can demonstrate exceptional, relevant expertise and experience in a Design and Manufacturing Engineering environment in lieu of formal qualifications.
* Proven experience as a designer/project engineer currently and looking to move towards a management role.
* Ability to integrate electronics, pneumatics, software and mechanical engineering into a range of innovative products and systems.
* Must be innovative, able to think outside the box and passionate about engineering and UK manufacturing.
* Strong working knowledge of design software, including Inventor, AutoCAD and EPlan Circuit Design or similar products such as SolidWorks.
* PLC, HMI and Robot programming experience is desirable.
* Advanced MS Office skills
* Familiarity with rules, regulations, best practices and performance standards.
* Ability to work with multi-disciplinary projects.
* Project management skills.
* Current driving license.
* Time management and organization skills.
* Ideally working towards incorporated or chartered status.
This vacancy is available to Candidates with relevant experience as detailed in the job description. Due to the volume of applications, we are unable to respond to applicants who do not possess the required skills and experience.
Candidates must be authorised to work in the country where this role is located BEFORE making an application.
If you are interested in this position, please contact Dan Tipper - DFM Resourcing