Nelson Permanent Placements are working with a UK leading M&E Contractor who work heavily in the industrial market specifically in the food & beverage industry. Due to recent growth in the business they are now looking for a Skilled Service Engineer to join their team.
The ideal candidate will ideally be based in and around the Peterborough, Holbeach and Spalding areas as you will be servicing clients in that area.
Our client is very flexible and this role will be a remote role with the expectation to be in the office once a week.
To be considered for this role you must have experience working within the industrial environment and a Skilled Service Engineer.
If downtime becomes available, there is no pressure to adhere to additional duties, but you are encouraged to use the time to better yourself by looking into refresher or new courses.
It would be advantageous if you have worked in the Food and Beverage industry previously, however our client will consider someone from an strong industrial background.
* Up to £55k (Including call out)
* 40 hrs working week
* Work-place Pension Scheme - 5% Employee contribution & 3% Employer
* Holiday entitlement 28 days inclusive of bank holidays
* Uniform & PPE provided
* Company Van
* Health cover after 1-year service
* Working on a call out rota 1 week out of 4 offering remote & on-site support 24/7. You will receive £150 retainer for being on call with an additional £50 + 2 hrs pay for each call attended
The Job Role Will include:
* You will be required to attend customer's sites across the designated areas for breakdowns, routine service and the installation of new equipment.
* Hands on the role will be and bias towards the Electrical side of maintenance
* Fault finding on Control Systems Software based support on Control Systems
* You will also be required to interrogate PLCs and make changes to parameters as part of the calibration and fault finding process.
* You will also be required to perform calibrations of new and existing machines, plus demonstrate the machine's operations to the customer.
* Previous electrical and software engineering experience within the food industry would be ideal
* Confident using the following platforms: Siemens: TIA Portal, Simatic Manager, RS Logix: 500 & 5000 as well as Studio 5000
* To work autonomously and manage your own time
* Excellent communication skills
How to Apply:
Please send your CV to the email address detailed below. Should you wish to discuss other opportunities in your area, you are welcome to contact our friendly recruitment team.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Nelson Permanent Placements Ltd. The services of Nelson Permanent Placements Ltd are that of an Employment Agency.
Please be advised that our client can only accept applications from candidates who have a valid legal permit or right to work in the United Kingdom.
Potential candidates who do not have this right or permit, or are pending an application to obtain this right or permit should not apply as your details will not be processed