1. Minimum 7 years of experience in the rail industry in a civil/structural engineering role.
2. Experience of leading projects and teams with the associated financial management.
3. Experience undertaking designs and calculations for rail structures projects, including lineside, station and depot buildings and bridges and civil engineering structures.
4. Professional qualification Chartered/Incorporated, or near to.
5. Experience for delivering projects from GRIP 2 to 5.
6. Experience of Eurocodes and Rail Standards.
7. Experience of Network Rail Assurance forms (F001-F003 and Non-Complex Design). Previous CRE rail civils experience desirable but not essential.
8. Working knowledge of structural analysis software.
9. PTS Qualification (lapsed competency considered).
10. Experience of inspection and/or examination of civil engineering structures. Previous STE4 & 5 competency is desirable but not essential.
1. Act as a line manager.
2. Lead, support and manage project team members, including providing technical support.
3. Mentor and develop the understanding and technical knowledge of colleagues.
4. Determine a project's scope of works, budget and programme and assign resources accordingly.
5. Responsible for the financial, technical and project management of various small and medium sized projects.
6. Produce and check technical reports, specifications, drawings, calculations, risk assessments and method statements, in accordance with the applicable standards.
7. Design reviews to ensure coordination between design disciplines.
8. Undertake and lead inspections, examinations, and scoping visits with the client.
9. Liaise and attend meetings with clients.
10. Support in all aspects of tenders, including producing and delivering presentations