E&I, Air Service - Test Solutions Team are responsible for designing and delivering the IT Hardware Rack Architecture for the SCEPTRE hardware programme. A vacancy exists within the team for a Hardware Engineer to support production and delivery of the IT hardware racks/cabinets to the RAF and export customers.
The Hardware Engineer role will be to work on the development and delivery of the IT hardware rack assemblies for the customer contracts.
The ideal candidate will have experience of interpreting drawings, building and safety testing IT Server Racks/Cabinets.
Experience of producing Server Rack/Cabinet (mechanical and electrical) drawings would also be beneficial.
- 5 days p/wk (Mon-Fri) around relevant site core hours (7am - 6pm Mon - Thurs, 7am - 12.30pm Fri).
- Hours required to work per week are 37.00 unless otherwise stated (this does not include lunch breaks).
- Start and finish times to be agreed with local Line Management, in accordance with local site core hours.
- Lunch break (unpaid) is 42 minutes which will automatically be deducted each working day from 12.30pm to 13.12pm by the electronic time management system.
- Dependant on workload, local management may request more or less hours are worked within this contract.
The successful candidate will be required to perform tasks suitable to the internal level of this role. The role will contain, but will not be limited to, the following:
* Interpretation of higher-level 'system' requirements to aid with the production of the cabinets.
* Hardware build of modular computing server cabinets, using basic hand and power tools (screwdrivers, spanners, drills, etc.)
* Installation of network cabling within the cabinets and power distribution hardware
* Assessment of safety and environmental risks
* Production of safety test procedures to satisfy the electrical test requirements for compliance to the Low Voltage Directive (and CE Marking or equivalent).
* Production of basic functional test procedures to confirm that selected IT hardware is operational
* Adherence to relevant Air and departmental design standards and processes.
* Supporting internal design reviews including formal Engineering Lifecycle Design Reviews.
* Supporting hardware commissioning at customer premises.
* Complete all hardware configuration activities including documentation and release.
* Completion of all activities to the agreed budget and delivery schedule.
Based in Warton, some UK travel may be required
1. Microsoft Visio 2010 Professional.
2. Follow Hardware and electrical design.
3. Good Technical report writing (MS Office tools) .
4. Knowledge of and conformance to the MoD JSP480 regulations would be an advantage but not essential
* Essential - Competent in the build of IT computing cabinets
* Essential - Competent in the use of Microsoft Visio 2010 Professional or similar CAD package
* Essential - Competent in the use of Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
* Desirable - Degree educated in a science/engineering discipline or HND/HNC
* Desirable - Knowledge of and conformance to the MoD JSP480 regulations would be an advantage
* Desirable - Competent in IT cabinet design including electrical
Communication, Team Working and Motivation are Essential