Are you interested in giving something back?
A UK charity dedicated to research and education in science and engineering are looking for help from seasoned Senior Solutions Architect.
Newly created opportunity working within an IS Strategy and Architecture Practice on a large internal digital transformation programme; the Senior Solution Architect is responsible for ensuring that high level designs deliver the business value expected, improves customer experience, aligns to the target architecture, and are optimised to facilitate future change.
A dynamic role and you should expect to be assigned across one or more projects and products based on where strategic investment is being focused at the time.
* Work with partners and vendors to ensure their design work, high level, detailed designs, and implementations are aligned with the overall Enterprise Architecture.
* Understand how technology trends and the practical application of existing, and emerging technologies can evolve business and operating models.
* Advocate, and embed the Guiding Principles of the IS Strategic Vision.
* Define and ensure adherence to product and platform architectural guardrails
* Design and direct the governance activities associated with ensuring solutions architecture assurance governance and compliance oversight, including the Technical Design Authority (TDA) when appropriate
* Design and implementation experience as a Solution Architect, within large and complex digital transformation projects and products.
* Experience of Agile application development, domain driven design, commercial off-the-shelf software, application programming interfaces (APIs), middleware, servers and storage, and database management.
* Have exposure to multiple/diverse technologies and new and emerging technology trends, and their practical application