Would you like a career working for one of The Times Best Big Company in the UK?
Haven are looking for motivated, enthusiastic individuals who love outdoor activities to join our teams as Watersports Instructors (full training provided)
With a great selection indoor and outdoor activities available, Haven is the perfect place for families to try something new together. The Leisure team plays a key role in ensuring families feel confident, safe and happy during their activity, embracing a 'breath of fresh air' culture with our guests at the heart of everything we do.
Key responsibilities will be:
• Ensuring all watersports equipment, buildings and Lake Environment are maintained and inspected to a high standard (full training provided).
• Delivering Introductory watersports activity sessions including Canoeing, Kayaking and Stand up Paddleboarding and Raft Building sessions(full training provided). These sessions are designed to offer an insight into the sports while having plenty of fun.
• Ensure correct fitting of Personal Protective Equipment for boat hire and activity sessions.
• Making sure all the activities you deliver are fun, safe and educational.
• Assists with marketing watersports courses, activities and events.
Providing outstanding activity experiences, ensuring service, quality and consistency ensuring all our guests have positive, fun and educational experiences.
• Ensuring all owners and holidaymakers know who to go to, and are given a warm welcome and a first class service allowing a true "escape from urban living" experience.
• Create and support a "sense of community" - a real family spirit.
• Provide a clean and safe environment for our guests by adhering to Cleaning and Health & Safety processes
• Recognise dissatisfaction and deal with complaints speedily and with empathy empowering a problem resolving team, resulting in customer satisfaction and improvement to the overall guest experience.
• Supporting & helping other Departments on Park when required.
Experience is not essential as you will be guided and coached through the role by your experienced watersports team leader.
This role is the perfect introduction for a long term career in outdoor activities and adventure we will provide full training and induction, ongoing mentoring, feedback and training development throughout the season and assist you to work towards National Governing Body Qualifications. Such as the paddlesports instructor qualification from British Canoeing.
The Benefits of working with us:
Join us for the summer, with the potential to become permanent at the end of the year, we also have many permanent roles on offer too.
Competitive rates of pay
Accommodation available in many of our parks if you don't live locally
50% off food in our restaurants and take away every shift you work
Regular team incentives with great rewards
Opportunity to earn £300 or more when you refer a friend to join our great team
Holidays Discounts of 20% for all of your family & friends in Haven, Butlins & Warner Hotels
20% off in our shops and venues
Free use of Pool, Gyms and many other Leisure facilities
Funded qualification development opportunities from Level 2 to Masters Degrees for permanent team members
Access to the Employee Assistance Programme including support for your wellbeing and free access to advice and expertise on financial and legal matters etc
Fantastic discounts when making purchases from most major retailors and hundreds of discounts on everyday purchases
Team Member of the Month Awards
Instant Recognition schemes with great rewards through our busiest times
Long Service awards for permanent team members
Our guests and our team members are vitally important to us and we need to ensure we build effective relationships, through trust, always having an approachable, friendly and helpful attitude. This will ensure our guests feel reassured that we always have their interests at the heart of everything we do.
Safeguarding is one of our business priorities. Our teams are committed to providing a safe and secure environment and promoting the welfare of children and young or vulnerable adults.