Senior Civil / Structural Designer - Staff or Contract - West Wales
Location: West Wales
This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading engineering business during a period of continued growth as they support the Oil & Gas, Petrochemical, Nuclear and Renewable Energy sectors.
Nb - this is a PAYE contract role though our client will also consider applicants on a permanent basis.
Role & Responsibilities
* Supporting a team of Civil and Structural Engineers in a range of projects covering the Oil & Gas, Petrochem, Nuclear and Renewable Energy sectors.
* Will be developing structural designs from concept through to detailed design including:
* Concrete structures and foundations.
* Structural steel.
* Drainage infrastructure.
* Attend and manage in-house or site-based meetings and reviews.
* Supporting interface for all key Civil / Structural enquiries regarding current or upcoming projects.
* Providing technical input to tenders and proposals as well as supporting manpower planning projections.
* Collaborate with other disciplines as part of the project multi-disciplinary engineering team.
* Undertake design and checking of deliverables according to discipline and area of expertise.
* Liaising with Clients and managing their needs and expectations.
* Undertake short and long-term business travel in support of studies, projects and site services.
* Participate in consulting work when required.
Key Skills & Knowledge
* Must have minimum HNC in Civil and / or Structural Engineering.
* Must have CAD and design software for the development of Civil and Structural deliverables.
* Experience using AVEVA E3D is essential.
* Must have proven experience in Oil & Gas, Petrochem, Renewable Energy sectors or similar.
Our client is looking for somebody on either a contract or permanent basis but please note if applying for a contract role this is a PAYE contract.
For staff applications our client offers high a end market salary, coupled with excellent career progression opportunities and a market leading package