Service & Continuous Improvement Engineer (electrically biased)
Salary Negotiable - dependant on experience
Our client are global experts in industrial concrete floors. The design, install and maintain these unique flooring systems for a number of high-profile clients in the UK and internationally. In order to carry out the essential works on site, it is imperative that their specialist plant and tooling equipment works seamlessly on site. With that in mind, they currently have a fantastic, permanent opportunity for an experienced Service Engineer to join their team based out of Huddersfield, HD8.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a skilled team in working on a wide range of specialist construction equipment, designed, built and maintained in house. The right candidate will be dealing with a variety of electrical and mechanical breakdowns and repairs with this equipment.
In an effort to eliminate repetitive faults, the company invests time in developing its equipment and therefore the position will involve the successful candidate voicing ideas for design changes and development.
On occasions, the right candidate will attend sites to perform fault diagnosis and repair. The locations of these sites can range throughout the UK and Overseas.
* Relevant electrical qualification and/or suitable experience
* Ability to perform electrical modifications and upgrades to existing equipment
* Sound knowledge of motors and control systems
* Understand and work from electrical circuit diagrams and drawings
* Able to diagnose and fault find
* Knowledge of electrical standards and best practice
* Able to use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
* Mechanical fitting skills
* Worked with 12- & 24-volt systems (automotive systems)
* Pat Testing
* Identifying and introducing new technology, including liaising with equipment suppliers and creating specifications and acceptances
* Knowledge of CAN bus-based systems
* Able to use any electrical computer packages
The rewards for the successful candidate are excellent. The company provides first class training with continued support from their management team. They are willing to pay a competitive starting salary plus allowances, benefits, pension and holidays