Are you a Telecoms engineer with experience in the Fibre market and keen to work for a growing telecoms specialist with progression opportunities?
Working on behalf of the leading internet service providers in the UK they have won awards for growth and service excellence and continue to grow.
To assist the Operational team, undertaking day to day job requirements of FTTH and FTTP. You would work directly in communication with the customer as part of a one or two man team depending on work stream.
* Preparing cable sheath to enter Closure / Micro Closures / CDC / Wall box
* The Routing of fibres within a closures / CDC and Transport Tubes as per a splicing schedule.
* Preparing fibres for splicing
* Confident in the use and basic maintenance of a Works tablet OR , fibre splicing machine, OTDR, Power Meter, Fibre Identifier and Micro Scope
* Splicing within loss limits
* Dressing the fibre and closing the Closure / CDC to the manufactures instructions
* Supporting restraining and labelling of trays and cables
* Disposing of scrap fibres and cable safely
* To be confident in the reading and understanding the test results for troubleshooting purposes.
* Strong communication skills are absolutely essential; ability to communicate between co-workers and third parties.
* Be able to judge minor changes within a network and report those changes to the Fibre Coach and Fibre Manager
* NRSWA unit 2
* Open reach accreditations
If you are interested in finding out more about these opportunities and others we have then please apply to the role or gve us a call