Position: Occupational Therapist
Location: Oldbury, West Midlands
Hours: 30 Per week over 4 days. Between Mon-Fri 9-5
Salary Details: £29,000 Depending on experience
We are looking for a Qualified Occupational Therapist with a passion for supporting adults with developing, recovering or maintaining their daily living skills with Mental health problems, Learning difficulties and Autism.
* Experience working with Young adults with Learning Disabilities, Autism and Mental health problems
* Fully Qualified Occupational Therapist
* Great Interpersonal skills
* Great organisational skills
Roles and responsibilities:
* Manage Patient case load, assessing progress against goals and prepare reports for health care providers
* Working as part of the MDT
* Supervision of junior staff, ensuring continued support, professional advice and guidance is consistently provided
* Help patients regain their ability to perform daily living and work activities both within an individual and group work basis
* Review patient's medical history and assess their condition and needs
* Guide patients to meet their goals
* Recommend and teach patient's how to use adaptive equipment that will help them with daily living
* Demonstrate exercises that can help patient's better perform everyday tasks and relieve pain
* Evaluate patient's ability to do certain tasks
* Confer with physicians, patients and their families, nurses, therapist, social workers, and other members of a patients care team
* Develop a treatment plan for patients with specific goals and tasks that will help them meet those goals
* Evaluate a patient's home or work place and identify potential improvements based on their needs
* Strive to develop, increase, or maintain independence in preforming tasks of daily living
This is not an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities, the post holder may be required to undertake other duties following appropriate discussion with their line manager.
Who we are!
At the Oldbury Centre our aspiration is to nurture the world, one person at a time and that's why everything we do is designed to provide the best care and recovery for our patients and residents.
Coveberry, part of the CareTech family are one of the leading specialist healthcare providers, with hospital and centres throughout England, delivering a wide ranging services in adult mental health and learning disabilities, specialist brain injury, child and adult mental health services (CAMHS) including eating disorders and social care for children with special needs.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions. If you have not heard back within 14 days please consider your application to be unsuccessful on this occasion