Control & Automation Engineer - South Yorkshire - Permanent - Special Purpose Machinery - £35-50k + overtime + 8% pension contribution
Samuel Frank is now recruiting for a Control & Automation Engineer to join a very well-established South Yorkshire based organisation on a staff basis.
The main requirements for the Control & Automation Engineer include;
* Rockwell / Allen Bradley PLC knowledge
* Safety systems experience
* Willingness to travel 30-40% of the year - typical trips 2-3 weeks in duration
* Special purpose machinery experience
Key responsibilities of the Control & Automation Engineer include;
* Involvement in the design & development of new control systems from scratch
* PLC / HMI programming
* Support continued improvement and maintain control systems - including PLCs & HMIs
* Development of Functional, Detailed ( FDS ) and Software Design Specifications ( SDS ) from User Requirement Specifications ( URS )
* Carry out site surveys on customer sites.
* Carry out Factory Acceptance Testing, Site Acceptance Testing & on site commissioning
* Prepared to travel when required (National & International). Client estimates this could be around 30-40%
* Overtime may be required during busy periods to meet commitments
Control & Automation Engineers applying for the role will ideally have recent experience of programming, modifying and commissioning a variety of software solutions specifically for special purpose machinery.
The successful Control & Automation Engineer will assist with the improvement and development of machine control systems including integration of HMI and servo motion control and PLC systems. This engineer will work as part of a multi-disciplined project team, supervising the specification and configuration of the system including all relevant customer liaison.
The client has global scope and has been trading successfully for over 30 years. They can offer a role with variety and a genuine opportunity for career progression. If you would like to find out more, please submit your CV for an immediate response.
The client's premises are commutable from most of South Yorkshire including places such as Sheffield, Barnsley, Doncaster, Rotherham, Scunthorpe, Worksop and Gainsborough