We're a specialist UK financial services group focusing on attractive segments of the UK retirement income market but guess what, we're not your traditional financial services company and we're not just looking for traditional financial services people.
We're extremely proud to have achieved this against the backdrop of the pandemic and the many challenges it posed to our colleagues and customers.The Role
We have an exciting opportunity for someone to join our Defined Benefits (DB) Business Area as an Operational Development Analyst.
Within this role you will work with the Head of DB Data and Operational Development to identify small to medium sized process improvements and assist with the implementation of these changes. As well as providing delivery support to the DB team on improvement projects to further enhance operational capability and optimise efficiency.
You will also deputise for the Head of DB Data and Operational Development as required/where appropriate.
This position is based from our Reigate Office in Surrey and although going forward we will be taking more of a Hybrid approach to working, we would expect you to be able to commute to the Office as required. Although this is a full-time role on paper, we would be open to applications from people seeking part-time, term time only or term time plus work as this could also work within this position. You will
- Work with the Change function representing DB Operational Development, to support business wide initiatives.
- Develop and implement interim processes, using appropriate software, to improve the efficiency and risk profile of the business, until strategic solutions are developed by the wider change function.
- Support the delivery of a portfolio of small to medium sized improvement projects delivering scalable and efficient processes.
- Create robust, efficient, automated processes with relevant controls.
- Provide input to change workshops and use the outcome of these in conjunction with your own input to deliver a new operating model.
- Continually seek to improve existing processes to enhance the scalability, performance and user experience.
- Support ongoing operational improvements by proactively identifying these improvements and delivering training/updating relevant documentation to reflect these improvements.
- Support with the delivery of operational process maps.
Working for us, you get your Just Rewards...
- A highly competent user of Microsoft Excel (expert), VBA (expert), SQL Server (mid-level), Visio, PowerPoint, Word, Python (beneficial but not essential)
- A problem solver, with strong analysis and resolution skills.
- `Hands on' in delivering small to medium size change initiatives.
- Self-motivated with a high level of initiative/drive.
- Excellent at both verbal and written communication, with great interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate complex concepts simply at all levels.
- Familiar with IT development cycles (beneficial but not essential)
- Able to demonstrate an interest in new technologies (desirable but not essential)
- Experienced in working within Financial Services and preferably DB Pensions.
- Experienced in the world of DB pensions and in particular the DB de risking market (beneficial but not essential)
- In possession of an analytically based professional qualification relating to Pensions - e.g. PMI or Actuarial Qualification (beneficial but not essential)
- A Competitive Salary, amazing Pension Scheme and Life Assurance
- Along with 25 Days Annual Leave plus an Additional Day on us for your Birthday
- Private Medical Cover and Income Protection, just in case
- A Bonus Scheme that takes a balanced approach and looks at both `in role performance' but also `the behaviours and attitudes you exhibit at work'
- FREE access to the Headspace App, a 24/7 Employee Assistance Helpline and Trained Physical & Mental Health First Aiders (On-Site)
- Plus we have a variety of Employee Funded Benefits available to you via our Online Benefits Portal
We're a FTSE 250 Financial Services company who specialise in retirement solutions and right now, our world is moving pretty quickly.
How people work, save, and plan for the future is all changing. A new generation of retirees needs a new kind of retirement company. A company who will look for new ways of doing things - and will always put the customer first.
That's who we are. We're a company on a mission: to become a beacon for the entire retirement industry. Because we believe everyone deserves a fair, secure, and fulfilling retirement. And with you on our team, we're going to make sure they get it.