Who are we?
Thames Water is the UK's largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to our 15 million customers by supplying 2.6 billion litres of water through 32,000 km's of pipes, to keep taps flowing and toilets flushing. We are an essential service and have operated throughout the Covid19 pandemic.
At Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open.What you will be doing:
Working under the direction of the Principal and Senior Engineers you will be working on exciting engineering projects in London that will be making a difference to our customers now and in the future.Some responsibilities will include
Key tasks will include:
- Obtaining the right technical requirements from the Project Definition Briefs and maximising value by understanding risks and providing mitigation.
- Inputting and continuously improving Technical Asset Standards
- Providing design sign-off between Asset Management and Capital Delivery as the Delivery Stream dictates
- Providing technical assurance during the delivery, commissioning, and hand over of assets
We're looking for you to have:
- Assessment of Project Briefs and associated technical information and solutions, to support risk mitigation to maximise value before pricing by the delivery contractor.
- Work within multi-disciplinary project teams in accordance with project delivery procedures.
- Work towards the delivery of project outputs to time, cost and quality through planning and forecasting resource requirements.
- Checking and review of team outputs.
- Developing capability and working to ensure continuous improvement.
What's in it for you:
- Apprenticeship with HNC in the relevant discipline with at least one year's experience.
- Ideally, have experience of working on water and/or wastewater operational sites
- Fully proficient at using the appropriate Company IT systems and Office software
- Good communication skills.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with the length of service and a wider benefits scheme.
We're proud of the positive ways of working we have adopted during the pandemic. We want to create a more flexible and dynamic environment so all our colleagues can thrive. For our office-based roles we're moving to a hybrid approach where we'll provide options around working from our offices, our operational sites and home dependent on role/team/individual. This will be discussed during the assessment process.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you'll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We're also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader and we're a Times Top 50 Employer for Women.
Click here to find out more aboutworking at Thames Water.