Health, Safety & Environment Manager
£45,000 - £50,000
37.5 Hours a week, 8.30am to 4.45pm
·Some flexibility to work from home
·5% Employer Pension
·UK Healthcare Scheme
·33 Days Holiday (Including Bank Holidays)
·Bonus Scheme (Up to 10%)
·Investment in training & development
About the role
The role is to act as the site's responsible person under current Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) legislation. This will involve ownership and continuous review of the Runcorn Sites HSE procedures, systems and policies, advising the Site Operations Manager on their suitability and effective operation. You will also manage a variety of HSE activities to ensure the organisation complies with external regulations and standards and be required to lead a working group to identify and introduce improvement initiatives.
* Maintain and report all HSE statistics (including environmental impacts) in monthly meetings.
* Mentor and develop the sites HSE Improvement Workgroup and its representatives
* Maintain hazard spotting, internal audit, accident reporting systems and Workgroup meetings
* Develop and implement policies and procedures, in accordance with current legislation, so that the Site meets established HSE targets.
* Monitor and communicate current state whilst developing and driving strategic action plans for continuous improvement.
* Maintain up to date knowledge of HSE legislation and advise management and staff accordingly.
* Ensure that the organisation's HSE strategy is implemented effectively and within agreed budgets
* Ensure that effective record keeping is in place for integrated safe systems of work.
* Maintain safe systems of work for contractors and visitors.
* Ensure that risk assessments are identified and completed to a satisfactory conclusion.
* Ensure that all PPE meets correct requirements dependant on usage.
* Investigate all accidents and where appropriate, liaise with external and internal stakeholders, including but not limited to HSE/Insurance/Occupational Health etc.
* Participate in the Global and UK H&S network and support our Sister UK sites.
* You will be an established health and safety professional with strong leadership and change management experience.
* You will have a hands-on approach and desire to lead change and continuous improvement.
* You will hold relevant qualifications e.g. IOSH/ISO/HACCP/Degree with professional membership and be able to demonstrate a track record in HSE improvement within a similar role.
* You will be aware of the impact of operations upon the environment and have a track record for monitoring and reduction initiatives.
* You will be able to quickly establish and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
* You will be familiar with the principles of Corporate Social Responsibility (desirable).
* You will have experience of the food industry (desirable).
If you are interested in the above position, please send an up-to-date copy of your CV the "APPLY" button.
If this position isn't quite the right one for you, but you are actively seeking a new position, please feel free to send over your CV/details as well.
Coalition Recruitment - Bringing Manufacturing Talent Together