Fire Systems Design Engineer
Up to £45,000
About the Client:
* Our client, specialists in the Fire and Security industry, are seeking a hardworking and passionate Fire Systems Design Engineer based around the Berkshire area to join their Engineering team on a permanent basis.
* Design of Fire Detection and Alarm system.
* Estimating and providing proposals for client consideration
* Drawing of Fire Detection and Alarm systems both extensions and new systems.
* Liaise with onsite commercial/technical/operational management in order to comply with company and AWE procedures.
* Attendance at client contract meetings as and when required.
* Preparation and presentation of Client Contract Reports.
* Prepare project files to include all LPCB/BRE LPS1014 documentation from design certification through to verification.
* Maintain Technical Library, including both product and legislative requirement.
* Preparation of a monthly report for the General Manager detailing project activities.
* Attendance at and participation in the Monthly Contract Meeting.
* To carry out any other reasonable requests of senior management.
* Extensive experience in designing and modification of Fire Detection and Alarm system.
* City & Guilds in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
* Estimation and Design of Fire Detection and Alarm systems, conventional and Analogue Addressable.
* Knowledgeable and control in matters relating to Health & Safety, Environment, Technical and Statutory requirements including CDM regulations and ensure compliance at all times.
* Trained and experienced in the use of Auto Cad.
* Competent in the use of Microsoft Office.
* FIA Units1,2,3 in Design.
* Knowledge of key operational management disciplines, e.g. quality control, work planning methods.
* Able to design Fire systems in line with BS5839 Pt1 and LPCB/BRE LPS1014 standards.
* Good sound knowledge and understanding with commercial and contractual issues