Diamond Search Recruitment are delighted to be representing our client, a leading insurance organisation, who are searching for an ambitious Developer Lead, based in South East Kent.
This can be a hybrid or remote only role, offering excellent flexibility and an attractive salary of up to £44,000.
The Developer Lead will have an excellent understanding of what great software delivery looks like, both by an individual and the collective team. You will utilise your deep knowledge of coaching techniques in order to maximise the potential of the people you lead and confidently handle difficult issues as they arise, always tackling performance issues head on. You will take lead in improving the productivity and engagement of the team, setting an excellent example in your drive to improve these aspects of their own working life.
The role would really suit someone who has worked in an agile environment where performance and delivery are key. Depending on your background, will also depend on what other areas of the team you get involved with. You can be guaranteed however, that no two days will be the same.
The Developer Lead will be a be able to fulfil the following:
* Hold regular 121s with those you manage, using this time to coach and support them
* Have expert personal development conversations to help individuals set and then achieve their goals
* Manage performance, providing regular feedback (strengths and developments)
* Liaise with other managers, be part of a support network and ensure consistency in approach
* Make team improvements to drive engagement, retention, team performance and progression
* Leading and facilitating team events such as the bi-annual internal conference day
* Support the recruitment of top tech talent
* Guiding those you work with to find their own answers, but stepping in and taking a more direct approach when the time is right
* Working with the product development teams to help improve delivery and bring positive changes in process, based on your understanding, learning and observations on Software Delivery
The successful Developer Lead should demonstrate:
* Experience of managing and coaching people, developing high performance and tackling performance issues head on
* An approach which focuses on driving ownership and accountability by individuals themselves; raising the performance bar of the individual and their team
* An ability to recognise people's strengths, and understands how the individual can best play to these for the benefit of the business and their own development
* Solutions focused approach and ability to drive transformation within the team
* A flexible and pragmatic approach to change - setting a great example to others
* An inspirational and effective communicator, both written and verbal, able to influence at all levels
* Someone who encourages an environment of learning and experiment; leading by example by constantly developing yourself - improving your own knowledge and sharing this with others
* A high level of emotional intelligence, with your resilience having a positive impact on those around you.
* Passion for keeping up with ever changing technology
* Drives and inspires continued success and development at an individual and team level
* Experience of working in a technical team using agile methodologies is preferred
This is a really exciting opportunity for a successful Developer Lead/People Manager to work for a fantastic organisation who have an excellent reputation within their industry.
Apply today and don't miss out!
Diamond Search Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency in regards to this vacancy