Electronics Systems Test Engineer (Medical Devices, Aero, Auto etc)
Our client is a medical devices start-up company in the later stages of developing and commercialising a revolutionary new technology in medical imaging.
They now seek a talented and motivated Experimental Systems Engineer to work closely with the R&D team to manage Electronics System testing and trouble-shooting using various studies and system simulation.
* In collaboration with engineers, design and execute experiments to evaluate potential product improvements.
* The planning and execution of verification and validation activities for engineering changes resulting in product improvements and cost reduction.
* Development of final product functionality based on collected data.
* Ensure that experiments are prioritised, executed and documented, and that results are collated and analysed.
* Supervision of Service / Lab Technician and day-to-day activities in the laboratory.
* Liaison with senior engineers to define, plan and execute experiments to prove/disprove new methods.
* Design of jigs and fixtures to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of data collection.
* Analysis and reporting of experimental results and data.
* Propose system improvements supported by data.
* Develop and execute test protocols and write reports.
* Development of system level functionality to monitor and operate the product.
* In lab system monitoring and management.
* An engineering graduate (BEng or equivalent)
* Electronic systems test and troubleshooting.
* Five or more years' experience working in a medium sized engineering company in a regulated industry (eg. medical device, pharma, aerospace, defence).
* Experience of MATLAB, Python, C++ programming languages.
* Ideally some experience with electrical safety and/or EMC requirements.
* Ability to liaise with engineers and suppliers to build prototype equipment, test jigs and fixtures