Service/Commissioning Engineer - High Performance Drives
Training to become.... Automation Systems Engineer
Home Based - West Midlands/North West Midlands
£35-45k + Car/Allowance, Paid Overtime, Pension
Earn c40% on top of base salary
Drives Service Commissioning Engineer immediately sought for a leading business specialising in machinery automation projects. You will be joining a team who have experienced a fantastic period of growth under new leadership, offering huge potential for further development.
The role will begin with a focus on providing support to clients for the commissioning and re-progamming of bespoke drives, spending time on-sites to become familiar with the drives and their systems. The plan is for this role to develop further by supporting the design team in the development of complete applications to become a mix of project & service work.
The Systems Engineer can expect immediate responsibilities to include:
* Define modifications during commissioning activities for PLC & Drives applications
* Prepare and perform on-site activities for all hardware equipment and application software
* Support sales teams customer visits gathering technical information on current & potential applications
* Perform FAT & SAT along with validation of projects
* Analyse requests of technical support from customer and prevent possible problems or faults
* Support new and existing customers and key accounts technically with enquiries and orders
* Work with existing customer applications both in software & hardware to perform debugging, testing, improvement and re-designing tasks in order to optimise products so they remain fit for purpose
The Systems Engineer will be provided continual training from the very start. Responsibilities will develop into the following:
* Hardware design & drawings using Eplan
* Design and develop automated hardware & software applications utilising a range of automation equipment
* Work with clients to analyse their needs, making recommendations & providing innovative solutions to problems
* Develop & test software modules for different machines & processes
* Support the design of hardware architecture of automation system
We are seeking candidates who have an active interest in automation and are wanting to work for a business where generating and developing innovative software to fill gaps in the current market is actively encouraged. You will have a degree or recognised higher apprenticeship in Electrical, Electronic or Automation, with ideally c2 years+ experience of motors & drives. You will also ideally have fault finding experience of PLC's along with a mechanical appreciation. Any panel design specifically with Eplan would be highly advantageous.
We anticipate the role will be split 50/50 site to project work. 50% site work will include both reactive service and planned commissioning. 50% project work will include 10-20% spent in the Shropshire office completing test. The rest of the time will be spent working from home on project work. Mileage is claimable to the office.
All respondents to this position must be eligible to live and work in the UK - Automation Experts are unable to assist with the award of Visas or UK Work Permits