As a production engineering team leader, you will be part of operations team and be responsible for managing a team of production engineers to actively drive the team to meet business objectives by continually developing efficient manufacturing processes through applying lean and continuous improvement methodology, targeting quality improvements, product cost reduction and applying health and safety best practice.
You will ideally have a HNC level (or equivalent) or actively working towards a Mechanical or Production Engineering qualification or qualified by experience.
Candidates must be able to demonstrable experience of working in an engineering-based role and managing a production engineering team with an understanding of quality, safety, maintenance, machining, assembly, and modern manufacturing methods.
Basic salary £42,000 plus 33 days holidays, pension, free parking, days only
* Demonstrable ability to evaluate processes and instigate continuous improvement.
* Ability to evaluate processes and instigate Continuous Improvement.
* Design jigs and fixtures using CAD (preferably 3D) for use in the machine shop, assembly, and test areas, to ensure ease, consistency of manufacture, error proofing and by following the Lean principles.
* Demonstrate experience the use of continuous improvement tools and techniques in any of the following: VSM, SMED, TPM, Kaizen, 5S, Error Proofing Root Cause, PFMEA etc. and conversant with Lean Manufacture, Value Analysis and Value Engineering (VAVE)
* Ability to build relationships with and gain respect of customers both internal and external.
* Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)Able to meet and work to deadlines and produce programs for the company machine tools, (Lathes, Mills and Machining centres) using CAM software and manual programming methods.
* MS Office skills Word, MS Project, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint
* Excellent organisational and planning skills and a strong team player with the ability to influence others.
* Co-ordinate the work of the team setting targets, deadlines, and objectives for each team member of the team, ensuring targets are met.
* Authorise holidays, absence etc. and ensure resource levels are maintained to cover and raise any resourcing concerns
* Conduct appraisals, performance reviews highlighting training and development needs and ensuring these are met.
* Take responsibility for inductions for new starters, complete probationary reviews
* Cover absenteeism and changing business needs and maintaining competency skills
* Ensure training and all team members are competent to undertake designated roles and monitor performance, identify and training and learning.
* Complete return to work interviews, raise any concerns to senior management/HR
* Design jigs and fixtures using CAD (preferably 3D) for use in production, to ensure ease of use, consistency of manufacture and error proofing whilst following lean principles.
* Produce accurate and detailed production routes, specifying operation details, work centres and time estimates for the in-house manufacture of products.
* Provide detailed manufacturing procedures.
* Assist production personnel with their day-to-day production requirements by providing them with technical assistance and problem-solving solutions.
* Select and implement the introduction of new cutting tools, whilst interfacing with manufacturing to identify the most cost-effective solution by following lean principles.
* Review and improve production processes using lean manufacturing and continuous improvement methods