Lynx Recruitment are working with a rapidly growing MSP operating from a large office in Chesterfield who offer an informal, relaxed yet high performance environment and recognise and reward effort and achievement.
Our client prides itself on high levels of strategic engagement with its customers coupled with their internal technical expertise, enabling them to operate their own cloud infrastructure and communications network.
As a 1st Line Technical Support Engineer, you will be responsible for providing remote support for IT, data, hosting and telecoms networks. You will be responsible for the proactive maintenance of customers' networks, making full use of the Remote Monitoring & Management (RMM) systems in place. You will be expected to provide feedback and assist the team leader to ensure your individual and team SLAs and KPIs are achieved. You will carry out these works in a professional manner using technical knowledge and experience. You shall be aware that, at the time of contact, the customer may be in a critical system outage situation and calm, consultative communications are required at all times.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Answer support telephone calls and e-mails directly from the customer and work to a target of first time fix of all issues
• Record all works within the company ticketing system ensuring that regular updates are placed on all assigned open tickets
• Prioritise and categorise tickets to provide efficient progression
• Work to the contracted SLA's and liaise with 3rd parties as appropriate, escalating potential failures within the team in a timely manner
• Aid in the creation and management of a technical knowledge base and work closely within the team to increase technical knowledge and understanding of the business
Knowledge and Experience:
Active Directory / Windows Servers / Exchange / 365 / Azure / virtualisation Proven track record of working on a remote technical support desk