We are a multibillion-dollar specialist Aerospace and Defence company who have been providing the Ministries of Defence, integrators, aircraft manufacturers and airlines with a wide range of advanced solutions for over 60 years.
We are looking to recruit an Operations Manager to join our Leadership Team on a permanent basis.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day production and delivery process across the entire Value Stream (Commercial), ensuring key business deliverables are met and exceeded, including OTD, productivity, sales, inventory controls & budget adherence.
* Act as the primary senior interface with other supporting functions e.g. Engineering, Supply Chain, Quality and Finance.
* Generation of future state capacity plans for capital expenditure modelling Ensure capacity and capability processes are implemented in order to meet agree customer requirements and act as sponsor for associated capital expenditure
* Responsible for managing Value Stream budget and meeting cost and budget target, this includes proactively identifying savings and driving associated initiatives through to a successful conclusion.
* Efficiently introducing new product to the production line driving associated manufacturing, process and quality controls are in place from the outset.
* Ensure that product is produced using approved parts and processes and that quality/yield issues are proactively managed to reduce the associated cost of poor quality.
* Drive Continuous Improvement and implement future state Operations strategy to optimise Business capability and reduce operational overhead.
* Strong people management skills, with the ability to deliver results by empowering your team; must be comfortable with providing performance related feedback and challenging, mentoring and coaching individuals
* Results orientated and capable of evaluating and acting upon core business targets of Quality, Cost and Delivery
* Customer focused with a broad experience of managing a variety of production activities, particularly assembly, fabrication and machining, with multiple customer and supplier interfaces
* Competent at motivating and supporting teams of up to 50 staff to achieve business success
* A good understanding of problem solving techniques and their application to resolve production quality issues
* Knowledge of Lean principles and applied practice, coupled with a desire to continuously improve operational performance
* Strong communication skills across all levels of the business
* Educated to at least HND/Degree level or equivalent
* Salary Negotiable dependant on seniority level + Bonus + Car Allowance
* 37 Hours + early finish on Friday
* 25 days holiday (Increases with years of service up to 30 days)
* Private Medical Insurance
* Private Pension Scheme
* Income Protection Scheme
* Flexi-time (core hours system with ability to build up 2 Flexi days)
* Enhanced statutory benefits (Maternity Leave, Sick Pay, Paternity Leave)
* Significant opportunities for learning - Internal learning portal, courses, sponsorship for degrees and Masters
* Flexible Benefits including dental insurance, childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme, give as you earn scheme, Tastecard, discount card, health screening, eye testing
In accordance with our 'Baseline Security' requirements, will request from candidates evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK, and employment and/or education history for up to three years, in relation to certain roles within the business.
These relate to positions where access to export-controlled items, (e.g. Technical data, hardware, software, and services subject to international trade control laws and regulations) and internal IT Systems may apply.
For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
We are an equal opportunities Business. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Each company within the Planet Equity Group is a "data controller". This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you in line with GDPR guidelines. Full details regarding how we hold your data is available within our Privacy Notice accessible at our website